Brookdale Senior Living

Wake up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

I have a job and love my job.

Cons

The corp office needs to talk to wokers on a one on one to find out whats going on at this place!

455 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

I loved BSL and was proud to work there, until I was (I believe) wrongfully terminated

Former Employee - Staff Development Coordinator in Raymore, MO
    Former Employee - Staff Development Coordinator in Raymore, MO

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

I like working there because I did something different everyday. It was a very stressful, but rewarding position. The CNA's and CMT's where great to work with. I worked well with 95% of the nurses and the therapy department director was awesome to work with. I had a huge office/classroom downstairs and across the hall was central supply and she was a great person.

Cons

They are more about the money, than customer care. The Integrity Line, which is suppose to help employees, is a huge disappointment. The lack of communication is terrible in all aspects. If the upper management wants you gone..... Your gone no matter how much you do to cover yourself. They will question every employee to find the smallest problem and turn it into a reason to fire you.

Stop terminating good employees for no reason, except to save money. Appreciate what they do and tell them they are doing a good job. Give them a bonus...they deserve it. Give them more to let them know their hard work means something to you.

Good pay, but the job is sometimes all consuming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Villages, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Villages, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Competitive pay, good co-workers, good patient geographical perimeters.

Cons

Need to improve orientation, organization, and communication to associates. Payroll is a very disorganized process. Good pay when we get it.

The hiring process needs improvement. When help is needed, good people are still trying to make it through the "HR bootcamp" to get started.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living