Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

No respect or Compassion for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

I work with some great people and the Residents are great! It is a beautiful facility.

Cons

The facility I work at has just gone through a round of background checks. We have lost many loyal and caring employees who had been at this facility for many years and who had no issues with their managers, employees or residents. These employees had been through several management companies who also initiated background checks and did not lose employment. This company, for whatever pathetic reason has dismissed a lot of the staff due to minor infractions committed MANY years ago. Apparently, you get no second chances with Brookdale! I had a speeding ticket a few years back ... Am I next? Quite honestly, it might work to my benefit!

IT Department is the worst one I have ever worked with. We have had an on-going issue for a month now! Poor to no communication from IT as to problem/resolution.

Respect your employees ... Show some compassion! Get an IT Department who know how to fix the computer issues they create!

531 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Stressful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

The residents and families and the management that chips in when needed

Cons

Not enough pay for the work, offers shift diff but no employee has received yet, company does not match 401 k but offers the plan, concerned about numbers and not quality of care

Stand up if you have a heart for the residents and staff..without us "lower people" you would have no business

Company cares about it's residents!

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Flexible work environment, great team, mid-level managers are great to work for, company does a lot of volunteer and charitable work.

Cons

Salary is much lower than industry standards, low potential for professional growth, low potential for advancement, senior management keeps company business and financial information close to the vest.

Definitely open up more to employees on company performance, acquisitions and other company happenings. I always felt in the dark on information. Have HR get rid of some of the archaic policies (no vacation within first 90 days of employment, 4 weeks notice or not eligible for re-hire, etc)

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living