Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Brookdale is all about the money, their residents and associates are expendable.

Former Employee - Manager At Community Level in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Manager At Community Level in Austin, TX

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

You do get to make a difference in people's lives, and caring for elders is a great honor. It is relatively easy to transfer.

Cons

You are constantly asked to do more with less resources. The only employees that the company takes care of are the executives.

Take down the signs of the mission statement and cornerstones or make sure the standards are being upheld. Your cornerstones are constantly contradicted.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

No respect or Compassion for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

I work with some great people and the Residents are great! It is a beautiful facility.

Cons

The facility I work at has just gone through a round of background checks. We have lost many loyal and caring employees who had been at this facility for many years and who had no issues with their managers, employees or residents. These employees had been through several management companies who also initiated background checks and did not lose employment. This company, for whatever pathetic reason has dismissed a lot of the staff due to minor infractions committed MANY years ago. Apparently, you get no second chances with Brookdale! I had a speeding ticket a few years back ... Am I next? Quite honestly, it might work to my benefit!

IT Department is the worst one I have ever worked with. We have had an on-going issue for a month now! Poor to no communication from IT as to problem/resolution.

Respect your employees ... Show some compassion! Get an IT Department who know how to fix the computer issues they create!

Stressful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

The residents and families and the management that chips in when needed

Cons

Not enough pay for the work, offers shift diff but no employee has received yet, company does not match 401 k but offers the plan, concerned about numbers and not quality of care

Stand up if you have a heart for the residents and staff..without us "lower people" you would have no business

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living