There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Great residents, lousy corp management

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Dishwasher in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great residents, like visiting your grandparents every day, some good employee's if it can keep them.

Cons

Lousy pay, worked too death, complaining up & down the chain of command does nothing, you live in fear of losing your job, with upper management looking for any opportunity to get rid of you for someone cheaper despite never having enough people in some departments & jobs.

Advice to Management

Quit treating people like they are a resource that needs to be striped mined.

reviews filtered by

Innovative Senior Care, a division of Brookdale Senior Living

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New electronic medical records is efficient and easy to use. Great coworkers.

Cons

There are many diverse sites of operations. The one "Brookdale model" of service delivery doesn't work well across all facilities. Encouraged to over-utilize therapy with residents just to improve the bottom line. Wide difference in work area and equipment from one facility to the next.

Advice to Management

Make Mid level management more accessible to professional staff.

Regional Management; shame on you!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

health benefits are OK but there is very little to recommend about this company. The nursing side appears to have more cohesion, however every nurse I have spoken to complains they are overworked, so I don't know. Operations, Sales, Dining, Care staff, maintenance... experiences are simply horrible across the board.

Cons

complete lack of training, no corporate support, broken promises to employees of all levels, little to no regional support, quality of patient care seriously lacking, turnover is simply HORRIBLE

Advice to Management

Ive been reading the previous comments, and sadly must agree. However, let me add one more thing as an ED; those who want to make positive change are hogtied. We want to hold accountable the employees that are constantly calling in or doing poor work... but the moment we do, an "anonymous" call is made to the integrity line. Regardless of how justified a write up is, we are consistently hand-slapped by our RDO's or HR. Training is RIDICULOUSLY lacking from ED's on down, yet ED's are held responsible for corporate values when no training is provided on such. This company may be large but that is not indicative of their comparative success; look at the sheer volume of negative experiences compared to any other corporate website. Numbers dont lie. After 2 years I have had enough; utter lack of support, poor pay for my care associates and dangerous conditions for my residents... I'm tired and I'm out. If you are contempating taking on a position with Brookdale... RUN dont walk in the other direction. Do whatever you can to dodge this bullet.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living