It was good to work there.

Former Employee - Staff RN  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

They are on top of things. Fair working condition. Got to work right away after applying. co-workers were alrite.

Cons

i have no comments on this matter.

Other Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Great Residents, Good People LOUSY Corporation

Current Employee - Executive Director  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will start at a higher salary and be promised work/life balance and they SAY people make the difference and take care of people and the bottom line will take care of itself. It's only talk!!! The residents and the good people that work there, that is the best part of this company.

Cons

70 plus hours as an ED, so many reports you never get out of your office. Constant threats and intimidation from the top down. Low morale, staff turnover, and all that matters is the numbers, the numbers, the numbers. Leaving positions unfilled to save the budget, no support and stress.

You will continue to turn over good people until you actually live your cornerstones.

Brookdale is in a great position to make a difference, but they are failing to do so.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got to interact with some great people

Cons

See advice to management section.

I worked in the corporate office and had a chance to interact with everyone from the executives to the operational employees in the office. I also interacted remotely with employees from many of the different communities.

The culture and work environment in the corporate office was toxic. There are some wonderful people that I had the pleasure of meeting who are truly trying their best to deliver brilliance for the residents and employees at the communities. Unfortunately, these wonderful people are caught up in a depressed and distraught bureaucracy that lacks the drive and vision to truly enrich the lives of the residents.

While I never felt that the senior executives were malicious or purposefully arrogant, it was quite apparent that they were operating in a very isolated "bubble". Efforts from senior management to engage or energize the company were either non-existent or so ineffective that those efforts weren't even perceivable.

Since the company didn't have strong and inspiring leadership, the majority of employees in the corporate office formed very rigid "silos", and resorted to petty politics on a daily basis.

If I could describe Brookdale's corporate environment in one sentence, it would be: A large, uninspired bureaucracy with a very charming company mission that in no way reflects the reality of the company's culture.

I wish Brookdale the very best because they are truly in a position to make a difference in the lives of the senior citizens they serve; they just need better leadership and a culture that enriches talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!