Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

It was good to work there.

Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Staff RN in Denver, CO

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are on top of things. Fair working condition. Got to work right away after applying. co-workers were alrite.

Cons

i have no comments on this matter.

559 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Brookdale is in a great position to make a difference, but they are failing to do so.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I got to interact with some great people

Cons

See advice to management section.

I worked in the corporate office and had a chance to interact with everyone from the executives to the operational employees in the office. I also interacted remotely with employees from many of the different communities.

The culture and work environment in the corporate office was toxic. There are some wonderful people that I had the pleasure of meeting who are truly trying their best to deliver brilliance for the residents and employees at the communities. Unfortunately, these wonderful people are caught up in a depressed and distraught bureaucracy that lacks the drive and vision to truly enrich the lives of the residents.

While I never felt that the senior executives were malicious or purposefully arrogant, it was quite apparent that they were operating in a very isolated "bubble". Efforts from senior management to engage or energize the company were either non-existent or so ineffective that those efforts weren't even perceivable.

Since the company didn't have strong and inspiring leadership, the majority of employees in the corporate office formed very rigid "silos", and resorted to petty politics on a daily basis.

If I could describe Brookdale's corporate environment in one sentence, it would be: A large, uninspired bureaucracy with a very charming company mission that in no way reflects the reality of the company's culture.

I wish Brookdale the very best because they are truly in a position to make a difference in the lives of the senior citizens they serve; they just need better leadership and a culture that enriches talent.

Love the Residents, just disappointed with Level of Care

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Residents and their families

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, promised Bonuses not received. R.A's took care of the residents, not HWD, RCC or ED. It was all about numbers. Some residents needed more care than we could provide them, but Management did not want to take staff advice. Staff bullying in the workplace,always afraid for your job. Dishonesty of management to cover themselves and not support their employees, especially when we deal with the residents and their families everyday. Be honest with the families instead of being dishonest, the Cornerstone is for show, and the Residents rights are not respected. When managers feel the need to degrade, humiliate and curse at you in front of residents and your coworkers, instead of discussing matters behind closed doors and you decide to call Corporate, kiss your job good bye. Coworkers who have tenure will back up management and are allowed to decide in whether a coworker should stay or be terminated. Residents are aware of when employees are in trouble because of inside resources discussing employee Disciplinary Actions.

Listen to your Employees working hands on with the residents. We care about them very much and it saddens us when Management does not listen to their employees. Please keep employee Disciplinary Action between the employee and management, dealing with such actions.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living