Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Brookdale is in a great position to make a difference, but they are failing to do so.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsI got to interact with some great people

ConsSee advice to management section.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked in the corporate office and had a chance to interact with everyone from the executives to the operational employees in the office. I also interacted remotely with employees from many of the different communities.

The culture and work environment in the corporate office was toxic. There are some wonderful people that I had the pleasure of meeting who are truly trying their best to deliver brilliance for the residents and employees at the communities. Unfortunately, these wonderful people are caught up in a depressed and distraught bureaucracy that lacks the drive and vision to truly enrich the lives of the residents.

While I never felt that the senior executives were malicious or purposefully arrogant, it was quite apparent that they were operating in a very isolated "bubble". Efforts from senior management to engage or energize the company were either non-existent or so ineffective that those efforts weren't even perceivable.

Since the company didn't have strong and inspiring leadership, the majority of employees in the corporate office formed very rigid "silos", and resorted to petty politics on a daily basis.

If I could describe Brookdale's corporate environment in one sentence, it would be: A large, uninspired bureaucracy with a very charming company mission that in no way reflects the reality of the company's culture.

I wish Brookdale the very best because they are truly in a position to make a difference in the lives of the senior citizens they serve; they just need better leadership and a culture that enriches talent.

Love the Residents, just disappointed with Level of Care

Resident Assistant (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The Residents and their families Cons: Overworked, underpaid, promised Bonuses not received. R.A's took care of the residents, not HWD, RCC or ED. It was all about numbers. Some residents needed… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your Employees working hands on with the residents. We care about them very much and it saddens us when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ok place to work.

Resident Assistant (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Residents are great. Some staff very hardworking. Pay is not… Cons: A lot of coworkers call out at the last minute. Management needs better organization.… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more reliable staff. Get organized. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!