Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

No Value of Employees

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

residents lives are inspiring and life changing.

Cons

Too many programs to actually care out with detail and success
Big Boy Club in Regional/Divisional
Cut all sales commissions by more than half.
"Cornerstones" are chanted but none are really followed. Upper management does not follow.
Communication is very poor.
Executive Directors get very little training (3 days of class 6 months into their job)
High turn over

Listen and care about your employees. It is obvious you don't care.

485 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Truly, the worst place I've worked.

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of any "Pro" to share

Cons

Brookdale prides itself on its cornerstones and it's "open door philosophy". Brookdale living out their cornerstones and open door philosophy is about as hilarious as Enron's accounting. I have a very strong work ethic, and I always go into a job ready to give 110%. This was how I entered Brookdale too, until my " spark" for my profession, work ethic and attitude were slowly whittled away with comments from my supervisor like
    These: "don't think you're not replaceable, because you are. You don't even need a high school diploma to do your jobs"( this statement was made to the entire
    Team. Keep in mind this was a team of professionals with Master's degrees.) Another statement was made to me
    By. Senior
    Leadership when I tried to use the "open door philosophy". I went to Senior leadership with a concern, and I was told
    Not to be a "trouble maker".
    Brookdale is losing good people at a rapid rate due to their tunnel vision on profits.
    Yes, I understand that profits are important, but Google seems to treat their employees ok, and last I checked, they weren't doing too bad as far as profits.
    I ended up getting fired
    Without any prior warnings because my "vision wasn't in line with Brookdale".
    I echo the other post that said if
    You weren't part of the "good ol boys club" you might as well hang it up at Brookdale. This was truly, the worst company I have ever worked for.

People are human beings with different strengths. If you utilize your employees strengths instead of trying to make us all into robots, your company will flourish. I cant think of a time when having an absolute death grip (forced absolute control) on everything worked out well for anyone.

Retired Management Position

Former Employee - Management in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Management in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are loads of Pros if you manage to be a member of the good ol boys. Benifits are ok.

Cons

Upper management cannot be trusted, especially the good ol boys in Milwaukee and Wisconsin areas. I retired mainly due to the back stabbing that was part of the every day way of life, The Regional staff is a joke, they spend more time in gossip and hearsay then bringing communities up to standards. Human Resources is of no help, compaining to them is a sure way to get fired, Maintenance of buildings is left to amatuers,who consider duct tape and caulk major repair tools, this is not entirely the MT's fault as they are being led by Regionals that are only concerned with cost.. Dining Services is consumed with cost per meal, needless to say the product served is below standard, bottom line Brookdale cares more for the almighty dollar then the health and welfare of residents and staff.

Get rid of the dead weight in Milwaukee and Wiconsin areas, you are to top heavy and it is hurting your company in the long run, have seen way to many great employees leave. Time to reverse this trend.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living