Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

It's just as good as any other, I guess.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They provide a lot of lunches and occasionally free toys as a way of saying thanks. Hours might get cut if the patient load isn’t there -- I’m okay with that as it beats getting laid off. It's easy to get transferred to another facility (provided there's an opening).

Cons

They cut all the bonuses in half and they can only be attained now during Years 2 through 7 of employment. For the life of me, I don't see how a company as big as Brookedale/ISC can't get cheaper insurance rates for its employees. It’s embarrassing to compare what I pay to somebody else who pays half of what I do working for an employer who isn’t even nationwide. I also have a friend who works for a lawyer -- $18 Q fortnight for insurance coverage just for himself. What a crock of crap. I’ve never worked for a company who had such bad insurance before … maybe “embarrassing” isn’t a good word. Humiliating might be better. If I were Brookdale/ISC, I think I’d be hiring somebody else to do some renegotiating. There has to be an insurance company in the good ole US of A that would LOVE to offer better rates to Brookdale/ISC.

Mgmt could care less what their employees think... in that respect, Brookedale/ISC is no different than any other company.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

excellent company

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great management. For a for profit publicly traded company, they do a great job putting residents first. The company is focused on putting the needs of families and seniors first

Cons

It is a for-profit company with many ambitious goals . Many people that don't understand corporate America may not be a good fit for this company. It is not a mom and pop operation. There are executives and shareholders that need to be pleased as well.

THE most toxic experience of my 20+ years of work history.

Former Employee - Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Wellness Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Assisting and spending time with the residents was the highlight of my day. Some coworkers were very nice to work with.

Cons

Management was the worse I have ever seen, from the facility Director up to the Regional people. They promote the components of their mission statement verbally but they DO NOT act on it at all themselves.

Visit your Communities on a regular basis. DON'T call ahead, DROP IN. Don't take the E.D. word for the state of the Community. I was paid 3k LESS than low norm for this company and expected to work 60-80 hrs wkly. This employment experience was a living horror story.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!