Brookdale Senior Living

excellent company

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great management. For a for profit publicly traded company, they do a great job putting residents first. The company is focused on putting the needs of families and seniors first

Cons

It is a for-profit company with many ambitious goals . Many people that don't understand corporate America may not be a good fit for this company. It is not a mom and pop operation. There are executives and shareholders that need to be pleased as well.

409 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

THE most toxic experience of my 20+ years of work history.

Former Employee - Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Wellness Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Assisting and spending time with the residents was the highlight of my day. Some coworkers were very nice to work with.

Cons

Management was the worse I have ever seen, from the facility Director up to the Regional people. They promote the components of their mission statement verbally but they DO NOT act on it at all themselves.

Visit your Communities on a regular basis. DON'T call ahead, DROP IN. Don't take the E.D. word for the state of the Community. I was paid 3k LESS than low norm for this company and expected to work 60-80 hrs wkly. This employment experience was a living horror story.

Interviews that serve to keep you hanging on a ledge when there is no intention of hiring you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

My initial experience was a response by email and then a face to face, very brief, meeting with the person you would be working for. What a joke! Then there was a second interview where this person was "out of town" and it was with an older employee who you would be working in the same area with. This left a very negative feeling and I knew she would be the person to block further progress. I was correct. This was followed by a young lady, filling in for someone temporarily, who informed me that she was ready to hire me and would call the gentleman responsible and let him know. Then weeks and months went by and I had given up hope and here comes another email asking if I was still interested. HA, HA!!! I replied yes simply to see how far this would go. I had a job and had no intention of working with Brookdale ever!!!!

Cons

There were no cons whatsoever. My advice would be don't fall for the pretty picture they present.

You have extremely poor management individuals here in the Richmond area. I am sure there is some sort of legal punishment for misrepresenting employment and for outright lying.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!