Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

If you don't play the office politics game, don't expect to move up

Current Employee - Corporate Associate
Current Employee - Corporate Associate

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of great co-workers, decent pay for what I do, working in an industry where you can positively affect people's lives

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities if you don't kiss up to the right people, favoritism, lack of diversity among upper management, not enough positive feedback from supervisor

The mood on the all-company call that was held just days after many long-time employees were demoted or laid off was too cheerful and joking, and it was disrespectful to those who were going through a very difficult time. I know we are supposed to have fun every day but more decorum was needed. Also, post positions that are available before granting them to whomever kissed your butt the most. You open yourself up to lawsuits by not giving everyone a chance.

519 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Good Company Gone Bad

Former Employee - Regional
    Former Employee - Regional

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work when it was the original Brookdale.

Cons

Now too big, too beauractatic and too clicky...Kiss but to get anyway or they fir you!

Get it together...Replace upper management with people who know the business and can relate to their employees and their residents. You guys grew TOO big, TOO fast and kept the WRONG PEOPLE in positions of POWER! f I'm sorry to say I would NOT recommend the NEW Brookdale.

It's just as good as any other, I guess.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide a lot of lunches and occasionally free toys as a way of saying thanks. Hours might get cut if the patient load isn’t there -- I’m okay with that as it beats getting laid off. It's easy to get transferred to another facility (provided there's an opening).

Cons

They cut all the bonuses in half and they can only be attained now during Years 2 through 7 of employment. For the life of me, I don't see how a company as big as Brookedale/ISC can't get cheaper insurance rates for its employees. It’s embarrassing to compare what I pay to somebody else who pays half of what I do working for an employer who isn’t even nationwide. I also have a friend who works for a lawyer -- $18 Q fortnight for insurance coverage just for himself. What a crock of crap. I’ve never worked for a company who had such bad insurance before … maybe “embarrassing” isn’t a good word. Humiliating might be better. If I were Brookdale/ISC, I think I’d be hiring somebody else to do some renegotiating. There has to be an insurance company in the good ole US of A that would LOVE to offer better rates to Brookdale/ISC.

Mgmt could care less what their employees think... in that respect, Brookedale/ISC is no different than any other company.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living