Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

food and beverage director

Current Employee - Director of Dining Services
Current Employee - Director of Dining Services

Pros

residents, my staff who worked their ass off while waiting sometimes up to 2 months for new hires to begin.

Cons

run run dont walk. I got 2 promotions things were great till i got to last promotion. Averaging 100 hrs a week no support, when i tried to CA a employee Corporate declined it or by the time they approved it a week went by that time its like punishing a dog for something they did a while ago. Residents complaining food was horrible. I agree YOU TRY FEEDING Someone for $ 6.00 a day. I did it but cant get the food that residents want, a same when they pay average rent of 5000. I finally gave notice after they demanded me to work from 530am-7pm 7 days a week until they could get me a pro tem to help me.

practice your cornerstones. Quality of life i never seen that with this company.

Other reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Horrible company.

Current Employee - Building Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Building Engineer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I love the residents. Awesome people. The employees there for the most part were good people. Not a lot positive to say about this place.

Cons

Dishonest. Upper management is super shady. Hired family members to work under them and showed favoritism to them. Said they were an employees company and said if you see something wrong in your dept to take it to the exec dir. And you wouldn't have to worry about repercussions. Don't fall for it. They lie. .

Do not hire immediate family to work under you. Or in the same facility.

Felt Like A piece of meat.

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Maintenance Tech in Denver, CO

Pros

You work with the elderly. They are the ones that make your day better.

Cons

Management, My manager always had favorites. Very sexists (towards men), Management brings their problems to work, usually take it out on the employes. No fairness.I was only allowed to work 32 hours weekly, If you work more then 32 hours. You would get called in to the office by Senior Management.

Stop thinking about your bonuses, and start thinking about the people that are working for you. Stop belittling people and your staff. It doesn't matter if your male or female we can all do the same job.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!