Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

No appreciation for the employees who have stayed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with, great location, the employees in the communities that I have dealt with were great.

Cons

Finding out about what happened at Glenwood Gardens doesn't surprise me at all. All anyone in management at Brookdale cares about is the bottom dollar and blame shifting to keep their own bottoms out of hot water......I have been with this company for many years and watched it grow tremedously. I always thought that a growing company was supposed to be a good thing. Not for Brookdale. At one time your supervisors and management team made you feel like family. However, all that matters now is the almighty dollar. It's sad really. Brookdale at one time was a company that I bragged about and would love to have people come work for. Now, due to the way of the management team, I wouldn't have anyone come in to be demoralized the way they have done numerous people.

Actually care about your residents who are the reason you're in business. Listen to your employees. They are the ones who deal with the communities on a daily basis and can have great input on what you are looking to do. Stop demoralizing and taking the happiness out of who you have left. Stop promoting people who kiss up and brown nose. I guarantee there was someone who was so much more knowledgeable available for a promotion.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Interviews that serve to keep you hanging on a ledge when there is no intention of hiring you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

My initial experience was a response by email and then a face to face, very brief, meeting with the person you would be working for. What a joke! Then there was a second interview where this person was "out of town" and it was with an older employee who you would be working in the same area with. This left a very negative feeling and I knew she would be the person to block further progress. I was correct. This was followed by a young lady, filling in for someone temporarily, who informed me that she was ready to hire me and would call the gentleman responsible and let him know. Then weeks and months went by and I had given up hope and here comes another email asking if I was still interested. HA, HA!!! I replied yes simply to see how far this would go. I had a job and had no intention of working with Brookdale ever!!!!

Cons

There were no cons whatsoever. My advice would be don't fall for the pretty picture they present.

You have extremely poor management individuals here in the Richmond area. I am sure there is some sort of legal punishment for misrepresenting employment and for outright lying.

Enjoyed the community, did not enjoy working with regional management

Former Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The residents were the best part of the job.
    Associates worked well as a team.

Cons

TOO MUCH REGIONAL MANAGEMENT
    Regional Management Team was ineffective.
    Regional VP micro managed the community
    Regional VP never acknowledged the associates when walking around the community.
    Regional VP never had a smile on her face; always looked mean.
    Regional VP followed the "Peter Principle" rise to your level of incompentence. Regional VP was the poster child for this concept.
    Regional VP always misplaced emails and got upset because they were not sent; sent the original email; no apology ever was returned.
    Regional VP showed favoritism to certain communities
    Communication with regional management team was very suspect; phone messages and/or emails were either never returned or returned after the issue was resoleved.
    Long term associates had the feeling of entitlement.
    Too many clicks around the community

Replace the Regional VP with someone who understands the business more

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living