Brookdale Senior Living
www.brookdaleliving.com Brentwood, TN 5000+ Employees

No appreciation for the employees who have stayed.

Brentwood, TN

ProsSome great people to work with, great location, the employees in the communities that I have dealt with were great.

ConsFinding out about what happened at Glenwood Gardens doesn't surprise me at all. All anyone in management at Brookdale cares about is the bottom dollar and blame shifting to keep their own bottoms out of hot water......I have been with this company for many years and watched it grow tremedously. I always thought that a growing company was supposed to be a good thing. Not for Brookdale. At one time your supervisors and management team made you feel like family. However, all that matters now is the almighty dollar. It's sad really. Brookdale at one time was a company that I bragged about and would love to have people come work for. Now, due to the way of the management team, I wouldn't have anyone come in to be demoralized the way they have done numerous people.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care about your residents who are the reason you're in business. Listen to your employees. They are the ones who deal with the communities on a daily basis and can have great input on what you are looking to do. Stop demoralizing and taking the happiness out of who you have left. Stop promoting people who kiss up and brown nose. I guarantee there was someone who was so much more knowledgeable available for a promotion.

Enjoyed the community, did not enjoy working with regional management

Management (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The residents were the best part of the job. Associates… Cons: TOO MUCH REGIONAL MANAGEMENT Regional Management Team was ineffective. Regional VP micro managed the community Regional VP never acknowledged the associates when walking around the community. Regional VP never… Advice to Senior Management: Replace the Regional VP with someone who understands the business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good employee treated bad on the way out.

Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great sales and marketing training program Cons: Must give 30 day notice but told to leave on… Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing games when someone resigns. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookdale Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brookdale Senior Living CEO T. Andrew Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Brookdale Senior Living employees.