Brookdale Senior Living
www.brookdaleliving.com Brentwood, TN 5000+ Employees

It's not assisted living, its a nursing home!

Home Health Aide (Current Employee)
North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe residents are what keep me coming back. I feel I do a good job while other aides just do not show any compassion. My boss works around my schedule and is understanding.

ConsDownsides are: Not enough pay for what we do. They work us like dogs. I work 2nd shift and I do everyone else's job on top of my own. It is suppose to be an assisted living facility and its not. We have people w/ hoyer lifts, foleys, spoon feeding them, 2 person assists etc. Etc. We are doing c.n.a. Work and getting paid h.h.a. Rates. I do not like the mandation (if someone calls off the next shift; you have to stay 4-8 hours over.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Pay us what we are worth. Come in & see what really is happening behind closed doors. Kitchen is disgusting.....flies on food that they serve. The only time they tidy up is when o.s.h.s. Is coming. Get a better communication system so we dont have to go looking in every room fot another aide if we need help. There should be a shift differential pay. Days has nursing & management help. 2nd & 3rd shift have no-one & so much responsibility.

Productivity is the only concern for ISC

Occupational Therapist (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros: Being able to work with residents long-term across both home health and outpatient services and as someone else said I after working… Cons: 1. very little respect for therapists and basically no effort to retain them, benefits that were promised were constantly being cut, 2. therapist are responsible… Advice to Senior Management: Please actually read and listen to these concerns and begin seeing your employees as assets rather than mere… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

So far it's good

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros: Resident involvement interaction and programming Cons: Slow to get people hired, post available positions, obtain cooperation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookdale Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brookdale Senior Living CEO T. Andrew Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Brookdale Senior Living employees.