Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

It's not assisted living, its a nursing home!

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in North Tonawanda, NY
Current Employee - Home Health Aide in North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The residents are what keep me coming back. I feel I do a good job while other aides just do not show any compassion. My boss works around my schedule and is understanding.

Cons

Downsides are: Not enough pay for what we do. They work us like dogs. I work 2nd shift and I do everyone else's job on top of my own. It is suppose to be an assisted living facility and its not. We have people w/ hoyer lifts, foleys, spoon feeding them, 2 person assists etc. Etc. We are doing c.n.a. Work and getting paid h.h.a. Rates. I do not like the mandation (if someone calls off the next shift; you have to stay 4-8 hours over.

Get it together. Pay us what we are worth. Come in & see what really is happening behind closed doors. Kitchen is disgusting.....flies on food that they serve. The only time they tidy up is when o.s.h.s. Is coming. Get a better communication system so we dont have to go looking in every room fot another aide if we need help. There should be a shift differential pay. Days has nursing & management help. 2nd & 3rd shift have no-one & so much responsibility.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

BSL

Current Employee - Resident Care Coordinator in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Resident Care Coordinator in Flint, MI

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits such as tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Top down management that lacks understanding.

Try being in the position before you try running it from the top down.

Now I know why I was required to sign a binding arbitration agreement prior to being hired....

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with some outstanding clinical staff. People who were smart, caring and went above and beyond for their patients.
    I appreciated my next job SO much after blessedly being terminated.

Cons

Some of the most hypocritical and dishonest persons I've encountered in my 20+ years in the industry work for ISC - and have risen to the RVP and SDO positions by bullying and manipulating their way. The Corporate Compliance attorneys seemed genuinely interested and appreciative when allegations (which were ultimately substantiated) were reported. However, even Corporate Compliance attorneys cannot protect one who Senior Ops folks want to terminate.
    Financial performance trumps all - including descent, ethical behavior - despite all the hollow claims of it being "about the resident" and a "culture of caring".
    Avoid this company (ISC) like the plague.

Continue to require new associates to sign binding arbitration agreements prior to employment. It is a very cost effective way to keep the company out of court.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living