Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

It's not assisted living, its a nursing home!

Current Employee - Home Health Aide  in  North Tonawanda, NY
Current Employee - Home Health Aide in North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The residents are what keep me coming back. I feel I do a good job while other aides just do not show any compassion. My boss works around my schedule and is understanding.

Cons

Downsides are: Not enough pay for what we do. They work us like dogs. I work 2nd shift and I do everyone else's job on top of my own. It is suppose to be an assisted living facility and its not. We have people w/ hoyer lifts, foleys, spoon feeding them, 2 person assists etc. Etc. We are doing c.n.a. Work and getting paid h.h.a. Rates. I do not like the mandation (if someone calls off the next shift; you have to stay 4-8 hours over.

Get it together. Pay us what we are worth. Come in & see what really is happening behind closed doors. Kitchen is disgusting.....flies on food that they serve. The only time they tidy up is when o.s.h.s. Is coming. Get a better communication system so we dont have to go looking in every room fot another aide if we need help. There should be a shift differential pay. Days has nursing & management help. 2nd & 3rd shift have no-one & so much responsibility.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Productivity is the only concern for ISC

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to work with residents long-term across both home health and outpatient services and as someone else said I after working for ISC I now appreciate my new job so much more (if only I'd left before being bullied out while 6 months pregnant)

Cons

1. very little respect for therapists and basically no effort to retain them, benefits that were promised were constantly being cut, 2. therapist are responsible for creating their own caseload with little concern re: whether there was truly a skilled need or responsible use of pt's Medicare coverage, 3. therapists are blamed if they do not create a big enough caseload/have cancellations that affect productivity, 4. chronically understaffed, 5. no admin support for non-billable tasks that must be accomplished, 6. very ineffective management from the top down providing little support even when therapists seek it out, 7. no guaranteed hours unless you want to drive to cover any building in the network (some up to 1 1/2 hours away with no consistent policy re: mileage/time reimbursement) meaning you could lose benefits at any time

Please actually read and listen to these concerns and begin seeing your employees as assets rather than mere income generators, those who suffer the most in this type of environment are the residents we're meant to serve

So far it's good

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Resident involvement interaction and programming

Cons

Slow to get people hired, post available positions, obtain cooperation and teamwork at times

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!