Brookdale Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Good Company Gone Bad

Former Employee - Regional
Former Employee - Regional

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work when it was the original Brookdale.

Cons

Now too big, too beauractatic and too clicky...Kiss but to get anyway or they fir you!

Get it together...Replace upper management with people who know the business and can relate to their employees and their residents. You guys grew TOO big, TOO fast and kept the WRONG PEOPLE in positions of POWER! f I'm sorry to say I would NOT recommend the NEW Brookdale.

559 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Short sighted company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Professional wages are good; staff are patient oriented and caring toward residents.
    Benefit menu good; costs excessive..

Cons

Caregivers poorly educated/supported and underpaid. Corporate culture is command and control...top down directives; very demotivating environment.

Offering SNF level care requires properly trained caregivers! Retaining staff should be a higher priority for company success. Corp. culture is outdated and will dwarf company success in new healthcare environment and workforce pool. Employees don't feel valued, trusted, or trustful of management. Programs are great on paper, but not supported with enough properly trained staff to implement them.

It's just as good as any other, I guess.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide a lot of lunches and occasionally free toys as a way of saying thanks. Hours might get cut if the patient load isn’t there -- I’m okay with that as it beats getting laid off. It's easy to get transferred to another facility (provided there's an opening).

Cons

They cut all the bonuses in half and they can only be attained now during Years 2 through 7 of employment. For the life of me, I don't see how a company as big as Brookedale/ISC can't get cheaper insurance rates for its employees. It’s embarrassing to compare what I pay to somebody else who pays half of what I do working for an employer who isn’t even nationwide. I also have a friend who works for a lawyer -- $18 Q fortnight for insurance coverage just for himself. What a crock of crap. I’ve never worked for a company who had such bad insurance before … maybe “embarrassing” isn’t a good word. Humiliating might be better. If I were Brookdale/ISC, I think I’d be hiring somebody else to do some renegotiating. There has to be an insurance company in the good ole US of A that would LOVE to offer better rates to Brookdale/ISC.

Mgmt could care less what their employees think... in that respect, Brookedale/ISC is no different than any other company.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living