Brookdale Senior Living

Short sighted company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Professional wages are good; staff are patient oriented and caring toward residents.
Benefit menu good; costs excessive..

Cons

Caregivers poorly educated/supported and underpaid. Corporate culture is command and control...top down directives; very demotivating environment.

Offering SNF level care requires properly trained caregivers! Retaining staff should be a higher priority for company success. Corp. culture is outdated and will dwarf company success in new healthcare environment and workforce pool. Employees don't feel valued, trusted, or trustful of management. Programs are great on paper, but not supported with enough properly trained staff to implement them.

450 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

What ever

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Great staff, good hourly wage, always worked > 40 hours per week.

Cons

Full time 40 hrs per week...yea... :/ ...no...productivity rate more important. Facility unable to handle volume of patients. No mentoring.

Support your therapy department.

No appreciation for the employees who have stayed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with, great location, the employees in the communities that I have dealt with were great.

Cons

Finding out about what happened at Glenwood Gardens doesn't surprise me at all. All anyone in management at Brookdale cares about is the bottom dollar and blame shifting to keep their own bottoms out of hot water......I have been with this company for many years and watched it grow tremedously. I always thought that a growing company was supposed to be a good thing. Not for Brookdale. At one time your supervisors and management team made you feel like family. However, all that matters now is the almighty dollar. It's sad really. Brookdale at one time was a company that I bragged about and would love to have people come work for. Now, due to the way of the management team, I wouldn't have anyone come in to be demoralized the way they have done numerous people.

Actually care about your residents who are the reason you're in business. Listen to your employees. They are the ones who deal with the communities on a daily basis and can have great input on what you are looking to do. Stop demoralizing and taking the happiness out of who you have left. Stop promoting people who kiss up and brown nose. I guarantee there was someone who was so much more knowledgeable available for a promotion.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living