There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

This company has a big heart to care for seniors!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The foundations of Brookdale center around caring for residents. We hear very often the statement "treat our residents as if it were your mother or father". The residents are well loved and cared for at my community!

Cons

Sometimes family members are not too involved with their loved ones. It's hard to hear, "I wish my daughter would come see me, but I know she's busy".

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on enjoying life everyday with our residents!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I love working with the people [my patient] and getting to enjoy my day at the same time.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do like that they have updated their documentation to be electronic but there are still serious up's & down's to that. I usually have the freedom to discover new people, hear life story backgrounds. Therapy can be more than just physical but the mental comfort we can heal.

Cons

I left alone like a red-headed step child, only to be spoken to when scolded. I have no personal space (besides my car). No one every truly asks how I'm doing, except for the brief polite gestures as I stop by an office. I feel very unwanted. The electronic doc. system has it's issues that can be very day-stopping but overall I do like having it. I just don't like be told to get by work down only to be berated by spending time actually doing it. I just want my people to get better & my documentation reflects that. I wish I had someone in my office...region that supported me.

Advice to Management

share the good things. don't only hold congrat's parties & give-aways only for the nurses. there is no acknowledgment that i do my job. I was the only one to not get a holiday courtesy candy last Easter. It was...tearfully surprising being hurt by the reflection of their feelings towards me. But I move on.

Residents are FIRST

Current Employee - Concierge in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Concierge in Edina, MN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees put residents first, management team is amazing, 24 hour resident living

Cons

low pay, need to enhance security,

Advice to Management

Management team is very good. They know how to treat employees fairly well.