Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

It's a job

Current Employee - Yeah, Like I'll List IT Here Really????  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Yeah, Like I'll List IT Here Really???? in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with the right people and you have awesome teamwork. Therapy staff is great with ADLs, most nurses are awesome. Take or leave unit managers.

Cons

Money as with other companies isn't that great. They fire people at the drop of a hat so you have to pay careful attention to who you trust, etc.

No point in this... they do what they want.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Poor Management in Independent Living

Current Employee - Afraid to Say  in  The Villages, FL
    Current Employee - Afraid to Say in The Villages, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Independent Living building is tastefully decorated. Working there gives charter school access for my kids. It is in a good location.

Cons

I have overheard the man in charge mocking some of the residents who live there. He is a very smooth talker who is very dishonest. Staff seems to change constantly. I often wonder why Brookdale doesn't see that the problem in our community starts at the very top? Your residents are not happy. Believe me. I hear them complain constantly. Sometimes I won't admit that I work there. That's sad for such a pretty place.

I have worked there since it opened. The problem has always been the same...change the executive director. Things are worse now than they have ever been.

Unprofessional

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Conveniently located in beautiful Sarasota. Building updates in progress.

Cons

company executives/administrators looking out for their best interests and not for the residents' best interest. Staff members in administrative positions not qualified for their positions. Evidence of abuse of residents in the form of neglect, roughness and nutrition. Not enough activities for residence in memory care unit.

Review qualifications of directors and heads of departments as well as ancillary staff members.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!