There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Patient care did come first...most of the time.

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot. The company has the best interest of the patient at heart.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Way too much corporate company that dictated what you were to do in your building.

Advice to Management

Once you hire the right people...let them do what they are good at.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Some good people, but an overall old-school mentality

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm not sure about the actual communities, but in the corporate office there are good people (middle management and below) who genuinely care about the residents. My immediate team members are great. Work/life balance is great.

Cons

Upper management seems to care more about the numbers than actual resident / patient care. No room for career growth. Salaries and benefits are *awful* - especially for IT staff when compared to their peers in the industry. Technology stack is very old - and management doesn't seem to be willing to build the infrastructure or the skills to improve it. We lost 2 members of our team, instead of getting the salary lines to replace them, those positions were given to other groups - now we must pick up the extra work. Teams seem to be running in different directions - no sense of overall strategy.

Advice to Management

Stop skimping!!! Pay for good staff, pay to train them, pay to upgrade your infrastructure. You *can* treat different sets of employees differently (e.g. high demand IT staff vs an admin assistant) when it comes to benefits / salaries. Come up a plan and strategy for apps / processes.

2. It is steady & hard working with benefits

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can transfer anywhere where they need the extra help. You have wonderful benefits & PTO time. You work with a great group of people who really "care"!

Cons

We do a lot of work and not paid as good as Florida. There usually is NEVER any time to finish all of our work on one shift. Disaplain is a little harsh for the low pay we get.

Advice to Management

Have companstion when talking with a "worker" and don't make it always sound like we are idiots.