Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Some good people, but an overall old-school mentality

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm not sure about the actual communities, but in the corporate office there are good people (middle management and below) who genuinely care about the residents. My immediate team members are great. Work/life balance is great.

Cons

Upper management seems to care more about the numbers than actual resident / patient care. No room for career growth. Salaries and benefits are *awful* - especially for IT staff when compared to their peers in the industry. Technology stack is very old - and management doesn't seem to be willing to build the infrastructure or the skills to improve it. We lost 2 members of our team, instead of getting the salary lines to replace them, those positions were given to other groups - now we must pick up the extra work. Teams seem to be running in different directions - no sense of overall strategy.

Stop skimping!!! Pay for good staff, pay to train them, pay to upgrade your infrastructure. You *can* treat different sets of employees differently (e.g. high demand IT staff vs an admin assistant) when it comes to benefits / salaries. Come up a plan and strategy for apps / processes.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

It is steady & hard working with benefits

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can transfer anywhere where they need the extra help.
    You have wonderful benefits & PTO time.
    You work with a great group of people who really "care"!

Cons

We do a lot of work and not paid as good as Florida.
    There usually is NEVER any time to finish all of our work on one shift.
    Disaplain is a little harsh for the low pay we get.

Have companstion when talking with a "worker" and don't make it always sound like we are idiots.

Poor Management in Independent Living

Current Employee - Afraid to Say in The Villages, FL
    Current Employee - Afraid to Say in The Villages, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Independent Living building is tastefully decorated. Working there gives charter school access for my kids. It is in a good location.

Cons

I have overheard the man in charge mocking some of the residents who live there. He is a very smooth talker who is very dishonest. Staff seems to change constantly. I often wonder why Brookdale doesn't see that the problem in our community starts at the very top? Your residents are not happy. Believe me. I hear them complain constantly. Sometimes I won't admit that I work there. That's sad for such a pretty place.

I have worked there since it opened. The problem has always been the same...change the executive director. Things are worse now than they have ever been.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living