Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Would not recommend to others

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interaction with residents is priceless

Cons

Those lacking the level of competence for their positions never seem to get let go. Quite detrimental to the company, co-workers and residents.

Swiftly get rid of people who do not earn their paychecks; you create a community ripe for lawsuits otherwise...

480 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Worst experience of my life

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Majority of the line staff are caring and wonderful people. They actually care about the resident and the families.

Cons

Management team is out of touch. Blocks the hands-on staff from being able to preform to the best of their ability.

Learn to work as a team rather than each only looking out for yourself. Actual live by the culture you profess.

Some good people, but an overall old-school mentality

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm not sure about the actual communities, but in the corporate office there are good people (middle management and below) who genuinely care about the residents. My immediate team members are great. Work/life balance is great.

Cons

Upper management seems to care more about the numbers than actual resident / patient care. No room for career growth. Salaries and benefits are *awful* - especially for IT staff when compared to their peers in the industry. Technology stack is very old - and management doesn't seem to be willing to build the infrastructure or the skills to improve it. We lost 2 members of our team, instead of getting the salary lines to replace them, those positions were given to other groups - now we must pick up the extra work. Teams seem to be running in different directions - no sense of overall strategy.

Stop skimping!!! Pay for good staff, pay to train them, pay to upgrade your infrastructure. You *can* treat different sets of employees differently (e.g. high demand IT staff vs an admin assistant) when it comes to benefits / salaries. Come up a plan and strategy for apps / processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living