Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

It is all about the money for the company and not the residents.

Former Employee - Marketing Director
Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was competitive for some positions. They make certain they get every red cent out of their employees. Healthcare benefits were reasonable. You can eat in the community if you are lucky enough to be in one with decent food.

Cons

Executive Directors are hired puppets and are afraid to take a stand for themselves or their team. Regional management are rude and ruthless and do not care about anyone except for having themselves look good. They have their favorite communities and employees in each facility and the rest of the people and communities are lacking which hurts the residents.

Get over yourselves and have confidence in the people you hire. Do not hire people you want to control. Hire people who will do the job and appreciate them. The industry is for the residents, who pay your salaries, so how about treating them with respect and acknowledge them when you visit the communities. It is not about you. It should be about the residents. I would never move any of my family into a Brookdale community after knowing and seeing what really happens in a community.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Was good at one time, but going downhill fast.

Former Employee - Nurse  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Nurse in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The facilities are usually decorated nicely and attract nice clientele.

Cons

Managers get pressured to cut the budget and they increase the workload on the employees.

I doubt my last manager could pass a level 2 background check. Checking current managers should be a high priority. ( I know, because I did an internet search of her name.)

Corporate culture reflects little interest in the well-being and advancement of employees.

Former Employee - Activities Director
    Former Employee - Activities Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Residents are exceptional. The company responds to their needs in most cases, as far as the staffing level allows. The company is increasing its exposure with an aggressive advertising campaign.

Cons

Workplace pressures created by understaffing create an unhealthy, sometimes "back-stabbing", environment among employees trying to get ahead. The bottom-line takes precedence over concerns of associates expressed in satisfaction surveys.

Take an interest in what's going on at the bottom tiers of the company and look for genuine ways to uplift associate lives, beyond the very occasional pizza party.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!