Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

I try to separate the wonderful experience of serving residents and families from dealing with unfeeling, inept managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In theory, webinars, chats, computer trainings and BSL net very helpful.

Cons

ED very sneaky, insincere, moody. vindictive. uses favoritism, and divide and conquer techniques. CEO very unaware of what goes on in communities and sadly, a far cry from Bill Sheriff. Can't have insensitive, unaware people (and only interested in financials) manage peoples' lives. Since expensive marketing, budgets cut and only concern is getting the dollar in and not keeping promises made to vulnerable unsuspecting families/residents. Company is now too big and too removed from what the mission and cornerstones are. They are just meaningless, well put together words, but Brookdale needs more regulations on the ED and the regional operations.. Mr. Smith.. get your hands dirty and come talk to the associates and not everyone in between who cover each other, as one lies and the others swear to it.

Hire people who care, not just those who need a job. Upper management needs to come to the communities and see for themselves. Forget the surveys. Most are not legit. Give the staff a well meaning leader/ED, with some real life experiences and not just spend less and get less quality leaders. Stop trying to feed people 3 meals a day on less than 5.00 per person per day. Don't say you give residents choices and then serve frozen food or make offers you don't keep. Shame on the guys in Tennessee who don't mean what they say but who have little to no compassion. Keep the buildings more properly staffed and stop covering up medical mistakes.

477 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Worst company ii have ever worked for!

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Residents are great ... Associates work extremely hard to help Residents in spite of Brookdale.

Cons

Management - no clue/no concept of team work/"clicky" (like being back in junior high school)

Wake up! Listen to your ASSOCIATES ... they are your lifeblood! Show them some RESPECT and have the professionalism to recognize them. I have never witnessed such a "clicky" management team in my life. Suggestions are ignored; ED has no clue what's going on. Company says "take care of the resident and the bottom line will take care of itself" which they do not adhere to. If you do your job helping a Resident and spend 1 minute OT doing that, you are reprimanded. Absolutely insane.

I did learn that I will never put myself in this kind of situation again ... Brookldale did teach me that. Terrible, terrible employer.

BY THE WAY your commercials are ridiculous ... Talk about over saturation. I can't even watch HGTV on a weekend without being inundated by their commercials and I really don't want to think about work on my days off. I also would NEVER recommend Brookdale to a potential resident or for employment.

Nothing but pay cuts for the nurses for increased responsibilities, all the while management continues to get bonuses!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You set your own schedule

Cons

The managers have no idea what they are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living