Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Wolf In Sheep's Clothing"

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sadly I cannot think of anything beneficial in my few month experience there....

Cons

Brookdale claims to want to be the "Solution for Seniors"......but all I can say is that I wish I had heard of Glassdoor when I was deciding to work for this company. It was a big mistake!! I had heard that it was a great company and had great training. That must have been a while ago because the property I was at was a hot mess! Residents moving out left and right; directors turning over multiple times.My position alone changed over 4xs prior to my hire. I thought it was just my property but apparently its a company wide issue after browsing on here. All they care about is money at least in regards to selling private duty services.

Get on the same page with corporate and local management.....geeze. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and good employees are ping ponged in the middle. Oh and tell your regional leaders not to call their subordinates names when they are chastising them on the phone!

523 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Worst company ii have ever worked for!

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Residents are great ... Associates work extremely hard to help Residents in spite of Brookdale.

Cons

Management - no clue/no concept of team work/"clicky" (like being back in junior high school)

Wake up! Listen to your ASSOCIATES ... they are your lifeblood! Show them some RESPECT and have the professionalism to recognize them. I have never witnessed such a "clicky" management team in my life. Suggestions are ignored; ED has no clue what's going on. Company says "take care of the resident and the bottom line will take care of itself" which they do not adhere to. If you do your job helping a Resident and spend 1 minute OT doing that, you are reprimanded. Absolutely insane.

I did learn that I will never put myself in this kind of situation again ... Brookldale did teach me that. Terrible, terrible employer.

BY THE WAY your commercials are ridiculous ... Talk about over saturation. I can't even watch HGTV on a weekend without being inundated by their commercials and I really don't want to think about work on my days off. I also would NEVER recommend Brookdale to a potential resident or for employment.

Nothing but pay cuts for the nurses for increased responsibilities, all the while management continues to get bonuses!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You set your own schedule

Cons

The managers have no idea what they are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living