Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Positive culture

Pros

The company offers decent health benefits and good vacation and paid time off. There is plenty off opportunity to demonstrate leadership abilities.

Cons

Most leadership positions are on the lower end of the pay scale and require a lot of hours. Leaders also have to work some Saturdays and be on call 24/7. The work life/work balance is poor. Not much opportunity for advancement

Other reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Upper Management cares nothing about residents or employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

The residents and their families

Cons

Upper management (regional included) are only focused on themselves and money. They have no compassion for their employees, the residents or the families. They are not honest with families of what is actually happening at the community because they know they would either be used or be shut down. Very unhealthy environment and no care of who is running it because management is only fogging up the mirrors. Disgusting!

Live by your cornerstones that you preach or take them away because they mean nothing to you

Dishonest company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I learned not to apply here anymore

Cons

-they advertised for a $1500 sign on bonus if you get the position, when I passed my interview they even said that I get that bonus...paychecks came and went, no bonus
    -they only give 24 hours of orientation for new employees...not even enough time to get acquainted with the processes...even if its baptism by fire, they don't care on how much workload you get until you get burned out and complain about it then they start looking at scheduling.
    -paychecks are not even...I know on my last week working there, I had a lot of starts I finished plus overtime so I was expecting a big paycheck...well, they only gave me my usual paycheck on regular days without overtime nor starts of care. my last paycheck did not come through my direct deposit, I had to tell my former boss that I didn't get paid before getting it.
    -when it gets busy...it gets busy, they don't care for nurse-patient ratio, nor the time it takes to finish charting! you take your work home literally! you end up going home tired!

listen to your employees more because we are the one out there most of the time, be true to your words, pay fairly

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!