Positive culture

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers decent health benefits and good vacation and paid time off. There is plenty off opportunity to demonstrate leadership abilities.

Cons

Most leadership positions are on the lower end of the pay scale and require a lot of hours. Leaders also have to work some Saturdays and be on call 24/7. The work life/work balance is poor. Not much opportunity for advancement

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Lack of Follow Through

Former Employee - Executive Director in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Tampa, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the residents and the staff.

Cons

Irresponsible Regional Management team. Focused more on their own agenda rather than that of the community and assisting community management in providing the best possible experience for the residents and staff. I also have phoned, emailed, and written letters to the regional human resources director, community, human resources director, and regional vice president of operations to get information of an incorrect annual W-2. I have yet to have the privilege of a return call from any of these individuals. Typical Brookdale!

Advice to Management

Get regional team that understand their position and what it takes to work totally together as a team and not an individual wanting everything done "their way." Also, instruct management in showing respect to associates, as well as ex-associates, when inquiring about a benefit topic. Very frustrating.

Dishonest company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

I learned not to apply here anymore

Cons

-they advertised for a $1500 sign on bonus if you get the position, when I passed my interview they even said that I get that bonus...paychecks came and went, no bonus -they only give 24 hours of orientation for new employees...not even enough time to get acquainted with the processes...even if its baptism by fire, they don't care on how much workload you get until you get burned out and complain about it then they start looking at scheduling. -paychecks are not even...I know on my last week working there, I had a lot of starts I finished plus overtime so I was expecting a big paycheck...well, they only gave me my usual paycheck on regular days without overtime nor starts of care. my last paycheck did not come through my direct deposit, I had to tell my former boss that I didn't get paid before getting it. -when it gets busy...it gets busy, they don't care for nurse-patient ratio, nor the time it takes to finish charting! you take your work home literally! you end up going home tired!

Advice to Management

listen to your employees more because we are the one out there most of the time, be true to your words, pay fairly