Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

This company has gotten too big to realize whatnot Who is important....

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Leesburg, FL
Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Leesburg, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has plenty of room for advancement, has decent benefits, and great people to work with.

Cons

Don't try and change things or even question your managers because it won't get you anywhere.There is NO training.

Listen to the people who are making you the money and are interacting with each other and residences. Believe in your own BS!

485 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

My experience working for Brookdale has been very positive and rewarding

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the people I work with. We all work well together. We do disagree with each other from time to time but we agree to disagree and move on to the next thing.

Cons

Some of the negatives are low pay and poor health benefits.

Continue to work with your staff to keep them involved and motivated. At times, there is a disconnect in communication to everyone who works for the same community.

Without a doubt the worst experience working for a company in my life

Former Employee - Resident Care Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Resident Care Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pros I can think of for working for this company is that they will hire anybody and I mean anybody. No experience necessary or training they will literary train you in the facility. So if you are completely desperate and need to pay bills to avoid evictions or you need to put food on the table to feed your family and looking for a place with no standards come on board.

Cons

The challenges of this company are they will tell you, you are going to be full time but then you come in and notice you are on a part time schedule with no benefits and basically working as needed, meaning it might be one day one week and as much as seven days the next. The associates are completely dissatisfied and they should be they are doing the work of three different departments in a normal facility including housekeeping, laundry, and dining room on top of the already difficult task of being a CNA and working with residents that could easily go for skilled care versus assisted and how much does this company pay their resident care associates 9.00 an hour with out any shift diff for second or third shift. This is not coming from a resentful employee who has been fired, I more than voluntarily quit no I just want to save you the trouble if you are considering employment and want to point out this company does not care about the residents they care for or their staff .Don't believe me see it for yourself I dare you ask to volunteer one day and look at the state of some of the rooms those residents stay in.

My advice to upper management is that you can sit here and come up with these mission statements and goals and even make the staff recite them every morning like the national anthem in school but if you are not going to live up to them then what is the point? They are just words either give these residents the care they deserve or shut this company down but I know you will not do it taking those vacations is more important in your eyes than providing the care you promised these people.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living