Brookdale Senior Living

Great Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist  in  Lakeway, TX
Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Lakeway, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

At the Summit employees are treated with respect. I can get extra hours by working in different departments and I feel like my feedback is appreciated by management. It is a very relaxed environment but still professional.

Cons

Health benefits are offered only to full-time employees. The full-time positions are limited and new positions do not open often.

My only advice would be to offer a better benefits package to part-time employees. Other than that I am extremely happy with the management there.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Very, very disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Pay is good. Non-management staff tries hard to do a good job.

Cons

Orientation and staff training is virtually non-existent. Staff are doing tasks for which they are not educated--eg. non-RN's expected to perform RN functions. Serious under-staffing issues making good patient care difficult, if not impossible, for the hard-working caregivers who really want to do a good job. Management does not listen to employees or families of residents.

You may think that by understaffing and treating employees poorly you are helping your "bottom line." Be advised: when you lose residents because of poor management practices, your bottom line will suffer.

Gaston Manor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Flexible scheduling to accommodate your personal life or further education. Opportunity to advance in the company as they promote from within first before hiring from outside.

Cons

Poor training, under staffed, under qualified staff caring for residents. Have staff performing job functions out of the range of their abilities (example : med techs performing RN duties).

Need to send new staff that need to be trained to an actual class instead of training with under-qualified staff..... creates a domino effect of under-qualified staff by training each other which results in lack of good resident care. Need more staff on duty instead of running a skeleton crew constantly.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!