Brookdale Senior Living

Great Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Lakeway, TX
Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Lakeway, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

At the Summit employees are treated with respect. I can get extra hours by working in different departments and I feel like my feedback is appreciated by management. It is a very relaxed environment but still professional.

Cons

Health benefits are offered only to full-time employees. The full-time positions are limited and new positions do not open often.

My only advice would be to offer a better benefits package to part-time employees. Other than that I am extremely happy with the management there.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Grand Court Las Vegas: Why don't they just sell the place if they don't care to make it viable???

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

central location, decent benefits, friendly residents.

Cons

They should just sell this location to another company that actually wants to make a profit and serve the community. Corporate office does not take complaints seriously resulting in injury to residents, slipshod management and real chaos. Those that complain are fired. Staff that is competent and has integrity is quickly run off or burned out in trying fix the numerous problems. This location is a stand alone, there are no other Brookdale properties in the vincinity, so you are stuck. You cannot transfer without moving out of state. I have heard that there are some wonderful properties at Brookdale to work at, but this is not one of them. It did not enhance my career and I was not able to learn anything to take with me to the next job other than to duck the political assaults that seem to be rampant here. The corporate and regional team do not want to support this location so very little training is available and the "open door" policy is non-existent. They should really sell it as they are doing the residents there a disservice by such poor operating standards.

Sell. Your curb appeal alone should tell people why not to work here (hanging window screens, poorly maintained landscaping, etc. You need a regional who is willing to kick the bricks at this location on a continual basis, not once or twice a year. You need a strong ED who is competent to handle daily operations and is willing to work more than a 9-5 schedule. You need to hold your top managers (RDO, ED, Regional staff) accountable, not just blame your lower level managers and hourly staff when things do not go right.

Very, very disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Pay is good. Non-management staff tries hard to do a good job.

Cons

Orientation and staff training is virtually non-existent. Staff are doing tasks for which they are not educated--eg. non-RN's expected to perform RN functions. Serious under-staffing issues making good patient care difficult, if not impossible, for the hard-working caregivers who really want to do a good job. Management does not listen to employees or families of residents.

You may think that by understaffing and treating employees poorly you are helping your "bottom line." Be advised: when you lose residents because of poor management practices, your bottom line will suffer.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living