Brookfield Asset Management
www.brookfield.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Managing and marketing residential properties

Real Estate Consultant (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsBig name company in the relocation field. An asset to your resume. Comfortable, airy office. Subsidized cafeteria. Good benefits. Promotes from within.

ConsBadly managed work flow. Low employee morale in my department which had obviously been ongoing and unaddressed for a long time. Poorly designed training program.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay more in touch with front line employees and don't allow problems to fester until they escalate into major issues.

Good place to get experience and then move on

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Brookfield Asset Management

Pros: Good exposure to many accounting scenarios and getting your feet… Cons: No internal movement, even if there are postings they don't poach from each other, so you will have to stay where you are or get… Advice to Senior Management: You must look into retention strategies if you don't want your employees to see you as a stepping stone. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I had a long and satisfying tenure, learned a lot and enjoyed the people.

Controller (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Brookfield Asset Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Large stable company with a good working environment. Senior management is very capable… Cons: I received very little feedback on my job performance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Brookfield Asset Management.

Worked for Brookfield Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookfield Asset Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brookfield Asset Management CEO J. Bruce Flatt. All reviews posted anonymously by Brookfield Asset Management employees.