There are newer employer reviews for Brookshire Grocery

I was underpaid and not given my advances with my promotions.

Former Employee - Meat Cutters Apprentice  in  Whitney, TX
Former Employee - Meat Cutters Apprentice in Whitney, TX

I worked at Brookshire Grocery

Pros

Good first job, just be cautious of management and the "raises" they give. Good customer service experience.

Cons

Non competitive pay, and you really need to watch out if you get promoted be sure they give you a raise. I was promoted 3 times and the only raise i received was my 2 year raise.

Most of the lower management (assistant managers) can really relate with you since they usually have more recent experience of being in your position. Store directors are generally out for covering their own.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Brookshire Grocery (View Most Recent)

Good.

Current Employee - Produce Manager  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Produce Manager in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Brookshire Grocery

Pros

Good health and 401 K benefits compared to other jobs. Good working conditions compared to other jobs. Good place to work.

Cons

The growth potential in the company could be better. Better training is needed for management and supervisors.

A waste of time!

Current Employee - Department Clerk  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Department Clerk in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Brookshire Grocery

Pros

It is a fairly easy job and its easy to get time off.

Cons

Not enough hours and there is a ton of drama. Management is promoted and fails rather quickly due to lack of training. Playing favorites in this company is a huge downside. There are workers that put forth a lot of effort that is not acknowleged. People will step all over fellow employees to get what they want.

Stop worring about your titles and start worrying about the business. This is a christian based business so act like it. Being upper management does not give you the right to talk down to others and belittle them.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookshire Grocery

Worked for Brookshire Grocery? Contribute to the Community!