There are newer employer reviews for Brookshire Grocery

Truly a great company to work for

Former Employee - Cashier in Willow Park, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Willow Park, TX

I worked at Brookshire Grocery part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great customer service - even if I went to work in a bad mood, I was usually cheered up by the end of my shift -Kind coworkers -Good benefits -Very flexible for high school students

Cons

-Not a lot of room for advancement without changing stores -Management not always pleasant, especially in newer or remodeled stores - it is possible to maintain a good relationship with your employees while still maintaining control!

Advice to Management

Stay flexible. Tenured employees deserve respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookshire Grocery

Nice environment, cheap on compensation, too overly religious at the expense of disregarding workplace ethic diversity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

I worked at Brookshire Grocery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Descent benefits, moderate opportunities for advancement, strong approach/commitment to various projects and they are often very well run. Promotion most always occurs from within.

Cons

very poor PTO (poor holiday and vacation policies, lack of recognition of ethnic/religious diversity in the workplace, compensation was significantly low (which they can get away with in their home market). constant infighting by family/leadership. heavily political environment with advancement into management commensurate on how well you can play the game.

Advice to Management

management needs some refining. Organizational change needs to occur around workplace diversity. Pay employees a fair wage and not just what's acceptable in the home market. people are great and management typically does a good job of selecting qualified leaders. continue this policy and improve the transparency of information to lower levels... honest information.

2. I loved going to work there everyday!

Former Employee - Grocery Manager in Paris, TX
    Former Employee - Grocery Manager in Paris, TX

I worked at Brookshire Grocery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are nice and fun to work with.

Cons

Customers sometimes are extremely rude to you and others you work with.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. They deal with the customers more personally than most of management.