Great place to work!

Current Employee - Store Sales Manager
Current Employee - Store Sales Manager

I have been working at Brookstone

Pros

Company culture; support of upper management; promotion opportunities; pay scale; bonus structure; vacation options; and it truly is (with the exception of Q4) a 40 hour work week.

Cons

The hiring process was very time consuming, required too many interviews and seemed unnecessarily repetitive. The interviews were somewhat daunting.

Other Reviews for Brookstone

Honest feedback is reserved for the favorites

Former Employee - Store Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Store Sales Manager

I worked at Brookstone

Pros

Products are fun to work with and sell, as well as getting time to work with some very nice people

Cons

Back stabbing and dishonesty seems to be the practice of Sr, Management, its sad when your told that you are doing well to your face then when you turn your back you are being discussed negatively by Sr. management to your peer group completely unprofessional

Make better choices on who is running your districts and the conduct of said leaders. Also management should pay equal attention to all store despite volume levels and treat all Store managers as equals not based on volume levels. You devalue lower volume managers which makes them feel ignored

Tedious and difficult

Former Employee - First Assistant Sales Manager
    Former Employee - First Assistant Sales Manager

I worked at Brookstone

Pros

Employees are hard working. Store managers are nice and understanding. Ability to work around schedule. Return policy was ok.

Cons

From November to the second week of January are 6 day work week and about 9-10 hours a day. Only a half and hour break. If your numbers are not there you are dirt. Compared to other stores constantly. To much change and not enough time to adapt before it is change again. The protection plans are a joke. Products all have glitches.

Since I was management this is to corporate: we have families too. You work 9-5 m-f all year but tell us to pull 6 days 9-10 hours a day? If you start some new policy test it first to see if it works or is too much work. Don't say you are a green company but them make us print out piles of paperwork.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookstone.

Worked for Brookstone? Contribute to the Community!