There are newer employer reviews for Brose North America

It is very structured to the point of excessive. Germans have their norm, don't challenge it.

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Brose North America

Pros

Their benefits package and insurance is the best I've seen in my years in the industry. You about $150 per month for a family but almost every little detail is covered under the insurance with no waiting period.

Cons

You get paid once per month. The company is German based and very strict. Sometimes to the point of excessive. Hours of operation are between 8-5. If you come in a minute late or have to leave early for any reason someone is telling on you. Flex time applies only outside of the 8-5 window. So if you come in at 6, you are working till at least 5. If you worked 10pm, you are expected to be there no later than 8. Computer systems on their network are very slow. They tap into Germany for their network connection so you can only imagine how long things take. Internet Explorer and going to google for example takes about 7-20 seconds to load. They provide blackberrys for employees, however, they do not subscribe to a data package so the only way to get email to your phone is you have to connect through WiFi to one of their networks. The only way to get on their network is to be in their building. So, what's the point of getting email to your phone if you only need 10 steps into a building to grab a walk up computer. A lot of their methodologies are completely backwards.

Advice to Management

Use common sense when doing business. If you have a problem such as employees want email to their phones to be more efficient, don't give them blackberry's only connectable through Brose WiFi. You are essentially fixing a problem that has another problem.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It used to be OK

I have been working at Brose North America full-time

Pros

Great insurance. It is nice to have a paid internship. Some of my fellow employees are great.

Cons

My responsibilities far exceed my pay rate. Upon my manager's departure from the company, I was given his old responsibilities with little to no support from local HR or others in my department.

Their growth led them into internal Politics and business development

I worked at Brose North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid technology, but too costly to be competitive

Cons

Working level employees have all of the responsibility and no authority. Employees are very overlaoded with assignments.

Advice to Management

Staff to support the process and get back to reality and away from politics