There are newer employer reviews for Broward Health

Trying to change culture

Current Employee - N/A in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - N/A in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Broward Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The stability of the position

Cons

The mentality of county employees

Just hire people who can do the job.

reviews filtered by
  1. Rewarding, educational and provides opportunity for career growth and develope close interpersonal relationships

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Broward Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The friendliness of the staff, state of the arc equipment,the excellent quality of care given by the highly experienced personel. The attractiveness of the physical structure and rhe accessibility of services.

Cons

some very inconsiderate and uncaring managers/supervisors who show lack of respect for workers

Treat staff with respect, show appreciation and commend staff for their hard work.

Not up-to-date in practice or technology

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Broward Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hospital that serves the community.

Cons

This review is for the North facility. The patient loads are too much per RN for safe practice. I was given, on my first day, seven patients at the start of my shift. It was commonplace for the day shift to come in late anywhere from 30-40 minutes. The facility was also way behind on actual nursing practice. The equipment we were using on the floor was stuff I hadn't seen in a facility for over ten years. Overall, it's an unsafe facility to use your license at.

I would rethink your nurse to patient ratios. You'll find that the staff and patients will both be happier for it. I also recommend updating your equipment and policies into the 21st century practices. Also, requiring your employees to bounce between day and night constantly is both cruel and unkind. Every study done on grave shift employees has suggested that the employees maintain a regular sleep schedule. How can your nurses be their best if they're tired all the time?

There are newer employer reviews for Broward Health