There are newer employer reviews for Brown Mackie College

Poor place to work

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor
Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor

I worked at Brown Mackie College

Pros

Overall independence to pursue teaching. Position offers good flexibility as far as fitting in with other responsibilities within your life. As an instructor I had a good feeling about my ability to make a positive impact in students' lives. For many students who have a poor education background, Brown Mackie does offer perhaps the only hope of success and getting on the path toward a college degree.

Cons

Environment very, no make that "extremely," exploitive of students. From the overpriced books students are required to purchase from the "school bookstore" to the high cost of tuition, Brown Mackie has a system in place to more-or-less stick it to students at every turn. The college is a well-oiled machine set-up to maximize its profit largely on the backs of the poor. As a faculty member working within this exploitive system, somehow you have to make peace with it while you are there.

Get an ethical backbone!

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic opportunity in working with individuals that desire to further their educational goals!

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Brown Mackie College

Pros

Working at BMC provided me the opportunity to further my experience in working with individuals from numerous cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds.

Cons

The class hours changed from month to month, creating a slight issue with other responsibilities I have with other areas within my working environment.

Advancement is predominately based on class enrollment.

2. Its great to be able to make a difference in a students life and to contribute back to the community

I have been working at Brown Mackie College

Pros

THe best reasons are the faculty care about the students and its a blessing to contribute in a students life that makes a difference for their family.

Cons

THe administration does not stay as rock steady as it needs to be so its a hard learning curve for new Adjunct professors

Stay consistent in everything that you do

There are newer employer reviews for Brown Mackie College