Brown & Toland
brownandtoland.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Fantastic place

San Francisco, CA

ProsSurpised by some of the comments in other reviews. CEO is extremely approachable, very wise in the network strategy to keep the company competitive, and very engaged in patient, employee, and physician morale. Yes, there has been a lot of turn-over, but this has been a strength to bring in strong leadership. Healthcare is a very complex environment and requires commitment to change towards better practices.

ConsGame days are crazy - but also fun.
Relationships with 'partner' hospitals is strained

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the current path. All leadership positions are now filled and the strategy defined - just need to keep an eye on the ball.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Low Morale and Reactive, Amateur Leadership

(Former Employee)

I worked at Brown & Toland full-time

Pros: Competitive Pay and Good Location Cons: Amateur and poor leadership; laughable management; little room for growth; high school-ish environment centered around office gossip, favoritism, and an aura of distrust and low… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees more and lead by example No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unhealthy work environment; poor leadership and no strategy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Brown & Toland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Could be a great place to work; it was great for several years prior to current… Cons: Low morale; frequent dismissal of long-time employees; high level of distrust; no plan for company growth; ineffective executive management; and, poor communication. … Advice to Senior Management: Establish company strategy; demonstrate respect for employees; hold executive management accountable for team work and employee morale; board chairman should ask employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Brown & Toland.

Worked for Brown & Toland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brown & Toland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brown & Toland CEO Richard Fish. All reviews posted anonymously by Brown & Toland employees.