Brown & Toland

www.brownandtoland.com
  www.brownandtoland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brown & Toland

Lack in strong leadership, vision, and transparency.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Brown & Toland full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The location and the repore that is buillt with the physician community. In addition to developing repore, the team and colleagues within a department work together to accomplish a goal.

Cons

Executive and Management leadership do not have the vision and leadership needed to make the organization successful.

Employees should be promoted based on skill set and not their likability factor.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Brown & Toland (View Most Recent)

No goals, no leadership

Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Contracts Administrator in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Brown & Toland full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The location is downtown and close to transportation.

Cons

There are no clear company goals, and this is troubling because the other IPAs are going out of business or being bought out by larger companies. We seem to be all alone, and not doing a great service to our physicians. The other IPA in northern california seems to be positioning itself well and taking our doctors and patients. All the others are gone, and we are sticking out like a sore thumb with no plan for our continued existence, and our revenue going down. Our docs and patients are leaving. So are our contracts. And so are our fellow employees.

The CEO seems lost. His friends that he brought along from southern Califonia seem just as lost as he is. There are no goals and no leadership. The old boys system seems to not be working.

The board chair should pay attention and make the CEO come up with a plan, and some goals. The management team is siloed and lost. Maybe the CEO should be switched out.

What a difference a few new high placed folks make

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brown & Toland full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good rank and file employees

Cons

The poorest excuse for management anywhere has been hired in the last three years. Thirty percent of the company was outsourced or laid off and then they dug deep to the bottom of the barrel to find managers and executives that do not know how to efficiently use even basic MS Office programs. Most of these are cronies of the CEO from his Sutter days.

These people do not know how to treat people at all. They will call employees in about anything and start yelling at them without a moments hesitation to ask a question. Anywhere else they would be fired. And they will lie, cheat and/or steal to look good externally.

They expose employees health records to each other, and patient records are open to all with a password. There are no programs to keep people from looking up records for their own personal pleasure. Where is HIPAA?

Fix employee morale. Quit lining your pockets and being cheap with your employees. Get rid of the new dead weight management and hire some talent. Don't punish those that would dare request you manage with integrity.

There are newer employer reviews for Brown & Toland