There are newer employer reviews for Brown & Toland

Forward thinking and dynamic company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brown & Toland full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Location, Learning Opportunities, Cutting Edge Technology, Leadership, Team Memebers, Forfront of Healthcare, Starting Salary, Advancement

Brown and Toland is a great organization that is true to their company values. BTMG puts patients and physicians first while placing a high value on employee engagement and satisfaction.

Cons

Nominal raises anually, clear milestones, goals and pathway for promotion and advancement, gossiping employees

Opportunities for more frequent salary increase, promotion pathway

39 Other Employee Reviews for Brown & Toland (View Most Recent)

Oh, come on already....

I have been working at Brown & Toland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Somewhat decent wages, but this is before you take into account transportation and parking costs (especially on game days!). Beware: The person sitting next to you with the exact same job title, who started months after you did... probably makes 15-20% more an hour than you do.

Cons

Executive leadership team who all seem to have a "Good 'ole Boy" mindset. Play their game and you are "in" until they no longer need what it is you can offer the organization. Your knowledge and professional contributions will propel only the executive leadership team to reach their own self-serving goals. Case in point: A Clinical Director with absolutely NO previous managed care experience. Ask to see her resume.

Advice to partnering Health plans....Do you NOT know what is happening (or not happening) with the delegated care coordination for your members and the contracted services B&T should be providing? Isn't it about time you did something about the potential misappropriation of the dollars you pay B&T for their stated services?

The people can be great management is another story

Current Employee - PSR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - PSR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brown & Toland full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-decent pay
    -easy commute
    -Christmas party
    -smart colleagues
    -idealism for patient care is burgeoning
    -the dept I work in is great
    -Delia is a smart cookie, Stephanie is a great boss.
    -claims is also a good dept
    -everywhere else be wary

Cons

-lack of planning
    -lack of support from HR and Management
    -zero growth opportunity -laterally yes moving up not at all
    -lacks diversity in executive management
    -good old boys club
    -unable to be nimble
    -no desire to try new methods
    -gossip and childish behavior runs rampant with no penalty
    -across from AT&T park so game days are hell
    -no bonus structure - we may get one we may not
    - every year the date for your raise changes
    -medical is extremely high for a family
    -people quit or get fired they do not rehire for the position just keep piling on the work.
    -stress levels are out of this world
    -since Gloria left feels more like a hate hate

See the cons above and make a serious effort to fix it. There has been a mass exodus from brown and toland from upper management that tells employees the writing is on the wall. I enjoy my job and believe BT can be the company we all strive for it to be. I am sticking here because of the relationships and the belief that you can turn that corner. But like most if you cannot in the near future I will be forced to look elsewhere. Brown and toland is not the worst place to work but it is not the best either. Weigh heavily and negotiate well coming in the door because that is all you will have and hope it is enough to withstand some issues that may creep up. Also lack of communication is horrific I've never been somewhere where they purposefully keep info away and then tell you in the 25th hr. Be wary of any job where it is constantly a 911 problem you must rectify.

There are newer employer reviews for Brown & Toland