There are newer employer reviews for Bruker

Good place to work with lot's of travel across the US and occasional international travel.

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Billerica, MA
Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Bruker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to travel the US and other parts of the world.

Cons

Travel is 50-90% with with some occasional international trips to Switzerland, Canada, Germany, France, etc.

Advice to Management

Company is loosely organized. Employees occasionally (and unnecessarily) "figure things out as they go." If these situations were addressed by management, the underlying business would improve greatly.

Other Employee Reviews for Bruker

not very strong leadership in management area

Current Employee - Marketing Department in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing Department in Madison, WI

I have been working at Bruker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexable work hours, work at home twice a month

Cons

Marketing department is actually a event planing department. Should not be called a marketing department, the manager of that department has no degree, and sees no need to improve her skills as a manager. Does not plan out her events and everything is in crisis mode. Dead end job.

Advice to Management

We need strong encouraging leadership with managers that are trained and well organized. Who know how to deal with all kinds of personalitys effectivly

Lack of coherent training program made it difficult to do my job in the field.

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Madison, WI

Pros

Awsome middle management. The older Engineers really know their stuff and when I had a problem they were always open to helping in any way possible. Also field engineers have a high degree of freedom in setting their schedule.

Cons

To illustrate the training issues... i was working on a new system specifically designed for a FAB environment. I was to be the expert. There was no training program for this device and when they sent me to Germany for two weeks to learn about the tool they didn't even have on there so I spent two weeks watching paint dry and trying to find something to learn. Every one was nice and helpful enough but they planned the trip poorly. This was common in Bruker.

Advice to Management

Better training! I would have stayed if I would have had a clue as to where I was headed and how to do my job. I really tried to learn but after two and a half years I was offered a better possition with my old company so I took it. I was very frustrated.