There are newer employer reviews for Brunswick Boat

Great people . . . Great Products . . . Great Aspirations!

I have been working at Brunswick Boat full-time

Pros

Wonderful, cooperative teams to work with

Cons

Somewhat antiquated technology; resistent to new concepts, methodologies and ideas

Advice to Management

Think outside the box Value and empower the immese talent you have on board.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I had a very rewarding career with this company

I worked at Brunswick Boat

Pros

Great products, great people, and freedom to make decisions that affect you position. There is opportunity to grow within your job channel

Cons

It's hard to move from one discipline to another. The boat brands we once manned by individuals who were passionate about their brands. As a result, quality, innovation and dedication to do what ever it took to make the customer happy was the norm. The creation of the "boat group" has watered down this brand loyalty, and the product has suffered.

Typical large corporation

Former Employee - Mid Level Management
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management

I worked at Brunswick Boat

Pros

The people. Absolutely, the people that you work with day in and day out. Also, it is a fun and awesome product - recreational boating!

Cons

Top level management completely did away with the US Marine (aka Bayliner product) division eliminating every single production plant as well as the corporate headquarters. The Bayliner product is a value product and if they think the elites at Sea Ray are going to have a clue how to manufacture a value product they have another thing coming. I'll be surprised if we see the Bayliner brand around much longer... at least not owned by Brunswick. Another downside is that this industry is absolutely tied to discretionary income, therefore, the economy. Another troubling fact is that they are tied to gas prices and the production of big trucks to pull the boats. All of these things are risky for any type of long-term success in the times we are in. It will be many years before this organization is able to turn around due to the enormous amount of finished product inventory that is out there. Even if the economy does turn around the glory days are over for the recreational marine industry.

Advice to Management

Grow a pair