Brunswick
www.brunswick.com Lake Forest, IL 5000+ Employees

Inconsistent and deleterious management style, including senior management.

Corporate (Former Employee)
Lake Forest, IL

ProsFairly competitive pay and some employees are very dedicated (and long term).

ConsDuring my entire 9 year tenure at Brunswick, I was consistently amazed and aghast at the incompetence of the entire Human Resources "team." The failure to take appropriate disciplinary action for clear violation of policy was/is egregiously random. The "Ethics Program" is ineffective and a joke among employees. Also, management, including (and especially) senior management, are very egocentric and fail to foster a positive environment for employees (there is no departmental cohesion). My last six months there, I literally only spoke with both my manager and my senior manager once (my manager spent more time on shopping websites and emailing friends than actual work). It is common knowledge that several senior managers are just biding time until retirement to cash in millions in stock.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved and create a positive departmental dynamic. Make employees accountable for violation of policy, including failure of acceptable performance.

Great place with a great passion for the Products we produce

Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Brunswick

Pros: Good opportunities to grow, and good compensation plus benefits. Cons: The cyclical nature of the recreational industry, which lowers job… Advice to Senior Management: Needs more focus on training for employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A fun challenging place to work

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Brunswick

Pros: New ideas are welcome and you are challenged Cons: A bit behind because of the economic downturn a couple… Advice to Senior Management: keep it up Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Brunswick.

Worked for Brunswick? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brunswick reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brunswick CEO Dusty McCoy. All reviews posted anonymously by Brunswick employees.