Brunswick
www.brunswick.com Lake Forest, IL 5000+ Employees

A memory of greatness

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBrunswick was the largest production boatbuilder in the world. It was an exciting place to work. Many employees had worked for Brunswick their entire careers.

ConsBrunswick was hit especially hard by the economic recession and has closed most of its facilities and laid off the overwhelming majority of both the salaried and non-salaried staff. It was a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy did we ever sell off Igloo, Mongoose, American Camper and other non-marine assets and buy up every boat company we could get a hold of? Those of us that had been around for awhile remembered the cyclical nature of the boat biz. Why did you overexpose the company and lose for most of us our livelihood?

A shell of its former self

Director (Former Employee)
    Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Brunswick

Pros: Enjoyable product lines with well known names. Cons: Lack of consistent direction from senior management Advice to Senior Management: Determine what the future holds for the company. What are the competencies and how to leverage them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

OKay, if you like to be micromanaged!

Event Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brunswick

Pros: You can sell something fun as opposed to something everyone needs. Every now and then you'll… Cons: Senior Management tends to manage with a "Big brother is watching," type of attitude. Spending too much time worrying about little details that do… Advice to Senior Management: Have a little faith and trust your employees. You hired them, so you should trust that they will do a good job. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Brunswick.

Worked for Brunswick? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brunswick reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brunswick CEO Dusty McCoy. All reviews posted anonymously by Brunswick employees.