There are newer employer reviews for Brunswick

A memory of greatness

I worked at Brunswick

Pros

Brunswick was the largest production boatbuilder in the world. It was an exciting place to work. Many employees had worked for Brunswick their entire careers.

Cons

Brunswick was hit especially hard by the economic recession and has closed most of its facilities and laid off the overwhelming majority of both the salaried and non-salaried staff. It was a great place to work.

Why did we ever sell off Igloo, Mongoose, American Camper and other non-marine assets and buy up every boat company we could get a hold of? Those of us that had been around for awhile remembered the cyclical nature of the boat biz. Why did you overexpose the company and lose for most of us our livelihood?

28 Other Employee Reviews for Brunswick (View Most Recent)

A shell of its former self

Former Employee - Director  in  Fond du Lac, WI
    Former Employee - Director in Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Brunswick

Pros

Enjoyable product lines with well known names.

Cons

Lack of consistent direction from senior management

Determine what the future holds for the company. What are the competencies and how to leverage them to make the company relevant in the 21st century. Can you be a viable entity long term

OKay, if you like to be micromanaged!

Current Employee - Event Sales
    Current Employee - Event Sales

I have been working at Brunswick

Pros

You can sell something fun as opposed to something everyone needs. Every now and then you'll meet some people you really enjoy working with (clients and co-workers). You will get some good experience.

Cons

Senior Management tends to manage with a "Big brother is watching," type of attitude. Spending too much time worrying about little details that do not matter in the swing of things. They are constantly micromanaging by sending a constant stream of emails, mile long to-do lists, and they're always checking up on you. Half of the week is spent putting together and sending reports to them. How is one to sell when we're filling out pointless reports?

Have a little faith and trust your employees. You hired them, so you should trust that they will do a good job. It's okay to check in and look at the big picture, but stop micromanaging. It is making many employees angry and pushing them away from the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Brunswick

Worked for Brunswick? Contribute to the Community!