There are newer employer reviews for Bsquare

Living the embedded software dream!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Bsquare

Pros

Solid company, solid benefits, opportunity to work with a wide variety of embedded platforms. Great work-from-home policy.

Cons

Matrix org with too many non-technical management layers. Project managers aren't always technically savvy.

none

27 Other Employee Reviews for Bsquare (View Most Recent)

I did my time and now I'm free.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Bsquare

Pros

Great location in Bellevue. Free parking. Free drinks. Flexible work hours. Some highly skilled software developers. Cool projects to work on.

Cons

Company is extremely mismanaged. Very politically charged work environment. Internal groups not working together. Lack of communication to employees. Random firing of employees and mysterious lay-offs. Micromanaged and not able to do your job effectively. Manipulating upper management staff. Low morale and employees are constantly looking for jobs with other companies. Some employees are given special treatment with pay and PTO - yes, it is obvious!

Serious changes need to take place in management. There is an upper management employee who is not respected or liked and he creates chaos is whatever he touches. Allow employees to do the job they were hired to perform. Treat all employees the same. It's unbelievable how many employees waste time smoking while others are chained to their desk. Promote employees and put together a career progression plan. Teach developers new technology rather than firing them or forcing them to quit. Why isn't employee retention under review, why are employees quitting? Read between the lines. Stop the unethical business practices!

good place for work life balance

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Bsquare

Pros

excellent engineering capabilities and program management

Cons

very difficult company to work with.

change the CEO

There are newer employer reviews for Bsquare

Worked for Bsquare? Contribute to the Community!