Bubba Gump Shrimp

www.bubbagump.com
  www.bubbagump.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp

A lot of work, but worth it

Former Employee - Server in Destin, FL
Former Employee - Server in Destin, FL

I worked at Bubba Gump Shrimp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get to have fun with the guests and everybody tries to help out everyone else. Good training program. A lot to learn in a short time though. As a server I of course didn't like it, but hosts get tip out, which is good for them.

Cons

Managers are great, but sometimes can get in the weeds and blow a fuse. Also, the veteran system they have is unfair imo. Veterans get by far the best sections every night, earning 200-300 per night while everyone else is subject to the worse sections bringing in just about 100 average. They should abolish this system and rotate sections with everyone. I can understand low sellers not getting in there, but good employees on the same level should get the chance to earn more money. Also, having to pay $9 a week to get employee discount and be able to drink soda during shift is bull. That should be included for every employee.

Management, abolish the veteran system and give some other employees chances to prove themselves on the high level floors. We want to make money too! All servers should be treated equal!

54 Other Employee Reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp (View Most Recent)

Love Hate Relationship

Current Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bubba Gump Shrimp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

VERY EASY to TRANSFER, GREAT LOCATIONS. T-shirts and Jean uniform. Overall easy gig.

Cons

Locations attract non-tipping tourists. Some of the worst in any job .Landry's is super corporate: You have to pay each week to get a discount on food & SODA! One girl won the "safety bingo" and had to pay taxes on her bingo winnings. That's like paying taxes on a super bowl pool. Training is intense...you have to study more than any test you have taken and memorize EVERY food & drink ingredient and some stupid top ten slogan. Get the feeling corporate could care less about their employees.

Gratuity needs to be added to all checks (or at least 4 tops). The type of clientele that come in here warrants it. NEVER in any job have I seen so many people that tip 5-10% constantly (or less) and I have been waiting tables for 10 years. This is at more than one location too! I've seen in in Cali and Florida. Bubba Gumps attracts tourists that don' t tip! Also there is really no incentive to stay. No promotions, bonuses...etc. unless you want to be a certified trainer. And they should give some sort of prizes to people when they do trivia.

Easy work great pay.

Current Employee - Host in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Host in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Bubba Gump Shrimp part-time (less than an year)

Pros

fun
    easy going
    no drama
    tip share
    meeting people from

Cons

unorganized management
    devalued
    rude and impatient guests

Look out for your employees before your sales records.

There are newer employer reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp