Bubba Gump Shrimp

www.bubbagump.com

A lot of work, but worth it

Server (Former Employee) Destin, FL

ProsGet to have fun with the guests and everybody tries to help out everyone else. Good training program. A lot to learn in a short time though. As a server I of course didn't like it, but hosts get tip out, which is good for them.

ConsManagers are great, but sometimes can get in the weeds and blow a fuse. Also, the veteran system they have is unfair imo. Veterans get by far the best sections every night, earning 200-300 per night while everyone else is subject to the worse sections bringing in just about 100 average. They should abolish this system and rotate sections with everyone. I can understand low sellers not getting in there, but good employees on the same level should get the chance to earn more money. Also, having to pay $9 a week to get employee discount and be able to drink soda during shift is bull. That should be included for every employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement, abolish the veteran system and give some other employees chances to prove themselves on the high level floors. We want to make money too! All servers should be treated equal!

Love Hate Relationship

Server (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bubba Gump Shrimp full-time for less than a year

Pros: VERY EASY to TRANSFER, GREAT LOCATIONS. T-shirts and Jean uniform.… Cons: Locations attract non-tipping tourists. Some of the worst in any job .Landry's is super corporate: You have to pay each week to get a discount… Advice to Senior Management: Gratuity needs to be added to all checks (or at least 4 tops). The type of clientele that come in here warrants it. NEVER in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Easy work great pay.

Host (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Bubba Gump Shrimp part-time for less than a year

Pros: fun easy going no drama tip share meeting people from Cons: unorganized management devalued rude and impatient guests Advice to Senior Management: Look out for your employees before your sales records. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Worked for Bubba Gump Shrimp? Contribute to the Community!