There are newer employer reviews for Buffalo Exchange

Worked for Buffalo Exchange in the 80's

Former Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Buffalo Exchange full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a Store Manager for Buffalo Exchange in Tucson and Berkeley in the mid-80's. I LOVED working there and had it not been for the incredible education and experience that I received from managing a store, I would not have gone back to school to earn a master's in accounting.

Cons

Long hours and not very good pay at the time....but I was young and knew I would have to put in the time to eventually gain enough experience to take my career further.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing for the last 40 years because Buffalo Exchange is awesome! I now have a 20 year old in SF who shops there all the time!

reviews filtered by
  1. Chaotic Management

Former Employee - Buyer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Buyer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Buffalo Exchange part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros are that you are very involved with what the inventory of your store looks like. There is a good discount on clothes and you get a lot of deals just by working there.

Cons

Many of the managers here should NOT be managing any kind of store. There is no communication whatsoever. One of my managers even told employees and customers that she had a mental disorder and was not taking her medication. They do not train properly or completely. They will tell you they are going to begin training on a certain day then forget about it until months later. Terrible work environment.

Advice to Management

Get organized, get your life together, and be able to communicate or else JUST QUIT and save all your employees the trouble and stress.

Buffalo exchange is retail, but kind of hip

I worked at Buffalo Exchange full-time

Pros

Constantly seeing new people and new clothing

Cons

Digging through other people's clothing can get tiring and the pay sucks. Also they expect you to go on unpaid "shopping assignments".

Advice to Management

Up the level of professionalism

There are newer employer reviews for Buffalo Exchange