Worked for Buffalo Exchange in the 80's

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Buffalo Exchange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was a Store Manager for Buffalo Exchange in Tucson and Berkeley in the mid-80's. I LOVED working there and had it not been for the incredible education and experience that I received from managing a store, I would not have gone back to school to earn a master's in accounting.

Cons

Long hours and not very good pay at the time....but I was young and knew I would have to put in the time to eventually gain enough experience to take my career further.

Keep doing what you have been doing for the last 40 years because Buffalo Exchange is awesome! I now have a 20 year old in SF who shops there all the time!

Other Reviews for Buffalo Exchange

Chaotic Management

Former Employee - Buyer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Buyer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Buffalo Exchange part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros are that you are very involved with what the inventory of your store looks like. There is a good discount on clothes and you get a lot of deals just by working there.

Cons

Many of the managers here should NOT be managing any kind of store. There is no communication whatsoever. One of my managers even told employees and customers that she had a mental disorder and was not taking her medication. They do not train properly or completely. They will tell you they are going to begin training on a certain day then forget about it until months later. Terrible work environment.

Get organized, get your life together, and be able to communicate or else JUST QUIT and save all your employees the trouble and stress.

Informative but stressful

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Buffalo Exchange full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You learn A LOT about fashion, everything from current trends to designers to construction.
    Better pay than most retail.
    First dibs on great clothing?

Cons

Extremely stressful!
    Customers can get very difficult when you don't buy in their items.
    Hours basically take your whole day not much time for anything other than buffalo.

Upper management, treat your employees better. You don't understand the amount of stress a day at buffalo can put on an employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Buffalo Exchange.

Worked for Buffalo Exchange? Contribute to the Community!