Build-A-Bear
www.buildabear.com Saint Louis, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

A fun place to work!

Bear Builder (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI definitely had a positive experience at BABW. The management I worked with was fantastic, and my fellow Bear Builders were great as well. You couldn't leave that place in a bad mood.

ConsThe communication between management and the general employees was not the best. We weren't informed in a lot of time when we would be having specials and sales so we could inform customers ahead of time. Because of a training error my a manager who was later fired, my register privileges were revoked and I lost the opportunity for a pay raise because of that.

Fair

Guest Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Build-A-Bear

Pros: Good atmosphere, great discount, friendly people to work with Cons: Not much mobility within company, hire mostly externally since the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Build-A-Bear allowed me to grow and learn to take on new responsiblities.

Associate (Current Employee)
    Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Build-A-Bear

Pros: Helping customers make bears is one of the best feelings ever. People of all ages come in, and it is you who… Cons: Some customers can be a little annoying, but that's with every retail store.… Advice to Senior Management: Raises help keep moral high Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Build-A-Bear.

Worked for Build-A-Bear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Build-A-Bear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Build-A-Bear CEO Maxine Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Build-A-Bear employees.