Build-A-Bear
www.buildabear.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

A great first job to build experience, work ethic and coordination with a team.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Build-A-Bear part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat customers and interaction with young kids; Managers very flexible with work hours or last-minute shift changes; Very positive and energetic atmosphere; Strong feelings of happiness seeing a kid's day made; Create special memories with guests through birthday parties and promotional events.

ConsHard to deal with unhappy or upset customers- must always put their needs first and with a positive attitude, even if you think they are wrong; If you are having a bad day, you must still have a smile on your face; Evaluations for promotions are every year, but raises are not much and wage still close to minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing- Build-a-Bear was a great place to work and co-workers and managers became a second family. Great training and direction from managers who use positive reinforcement to create a wonderful team of workers that provide a great experience!

Wonderful 3 years

Bear Builder (Former Employee)
Tacoma, WA

I worked at Build-A-Bear part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A lot of fun, great people to work with, not to hard. Parties can… Cons: Retail hours Could have been paid better not enough hours at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A stress-free, easy, enjoyable time

Bear Builder (Current Employee)
Akron, OH

I have been working at Build-A-Bear part-time for less than a year

Pros: Stress-free, tasks are easy, adorable children. My managers are extremely… Cons: I'm forced into doing things I'd rather not do, like carry… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Build-A-Bear.

Worked for Build-A-Bear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Build-A-Bear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Build-A-Bear CEO Maxine Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Build-A-Bear employees.