Build-A-Bear
www.buildabear.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Great Company

Assistant Workshop Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Build-A-Bear full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat culture, friendly, communication is excellent

ConsVery little room for advancement past Assitant Manager, there are not a lot of stores and the company is so great that no one ever wants to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive room for salary advancement to assitant and floor lead managers that are unable to move up to Chief Manager. It gets frustrating working day after day when you know there is little to no where for you to go up in the company.

High pressures for a corny kids store

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Build-A-Bear part-time for less than a year

Pros: Easy work for the most part. Stuffing a bear doesn't… Cons: The cons of any retail job. Terrible hours, work weekends and holidays, higher ups breathing down your neck about hours, etc. Making numbers and focusing… Advice to Senior Management: You don't need so many managers at one store. Seriously, 4 managers for 8 Bear Builders. Completely unnecessary. Also, focus more on training of staff.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rewarding experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Build-A-Bear part-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a very friendly environment where you work with people… Cons: You are expected to have sunny days and it's part… More

There are newer reviews on Build-A-Bear.

Worked for Build-A-Bear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Build-A-Bear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Build-A-Bear CEO Maxine Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Build-A-Bear employees.