BuildASign.com

www.buildasign.com
There are newer employer reviews for BuildASign.com

BuildASign.com is one of those companies that represent Austin, and allow you to be who you are at work.

I have been working at BuildASign.com

Pros

BuildASign.com is growing fast and opportunities are around every corner. The size of the company makes it where what you do on a daily basis can impact a multi-million dollar company. They provide free lunch every Thursday and breakfast every other Tuesday. They have social gatherings for the employees every other month. They let all the employees know every quarter how well the company is doing and what direction the company is headed. You have direct contact with all the Directors on a daily basis.

Cons

They have grown so much so quick that they offices are little congested. They are addressing this issue though, and should be moving buildings in the near future.

Keep on doing what your doing!

33 Other Employee Reviews for BuildASign.com (View Most Recent)

Great people and a great culture makes any difficult customer worth it.

Former Employee - Customer Love Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Love Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at BuildASign.com full-time

Pros

-Most everyone is super friendly and helpful
    -Fun culture, with monthly company lunches, free snacks, open environment
    -Fair pay (as a customer love rep)
    -My positive experience was largely due to my manager because she was awesommmeee

Cons

-Some of the reps schedules weren't always conducive to a positive work/life balance (aka working 12p-9p)
    -Marketing tactics weren't always ethical and were difficult to explain to customers
    -Not always a clear line of what you are and aren't allowed to tell a customer (i.e. when discounts or waiving shipping was OK or not OK)

very poor experience due to supervisors

I worked at BuildASign.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are really nice and you can make a lot of friends. They gave employees access to free coffee and some snacks, which ended up decreasing a lot after a little time, once they started hiring a lot more people, which I think is normal. Snacks would only last a couple days (instead of a week). Work/life balance is pretty good and they have some cool activities that are promoted. They also give back to the community.

Cons

The quality of your experience HIGHLY depends on your manager, and his/her manager as well. I was under an awful manager that kept making up titles for herself and would delegate EVERYTHING she had to do to me and other employees. She would tell me to do something that didn't make much sense (= waste of time) and I would question, only to get a "do as I tell you". She (and her manager) would get to work at 11am and leave at 3pm. It's really hard to respect someone that does that. I couldn't see myself going anywhere better there. Again, depends highly on your supervisor.

Pay closer attention to the supervisors, their ethics, the work they do (and make sure they're not delegating everything) and how happy (or not) their employees are. I had someone from HR contact me to talk about mine but my manager noticed that (and asked me about it), and it's really complicated to say something when you're scared for your job.

There are newer employer reviews for BuildASign.com