There are newer employer reviews for Builders FirstSource

GREAT people to work with. Truly values employees

I have been working at Builders FirstSource full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair pay. Benefits are good. Management has an open door policy.

Cons

The building industry has experienced some downturns. A lot of difficult decisions have had to be made since 2008. Cut the company contribution to 401K.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great work Place

Current Employee - AP Receptionist/Mailroom in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - AP Receptionist/Mailroom in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Builders FirstSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual and friendly atmosphere
    flexible scheduling
    easy work
    Great Management Staff

Cons

The only con for this job is the distance (travel time) to get there. I travel 3hr+ a day.

2. Poor Management

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Builders FirstSource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, promotions can happen quickly if you are in the "in crowd".

Cons

General Mgr. at the branch I worked at had zero experience at managing an entire store. The almighty dollar is king within this company. You are treated like number. If you do not come out of the gate producing like seasoned veterans you immediately become a burden no matter the reason (death in family and personal illness are not excuses for not hitting the monthly quotas) The anonymous hotline to report inner-company issues is a joke, I was "let go" two days after filing a complaint via this "help line", simply told that since I worked in a "right to work state" they did not need to offer any reason for my termination.

My advice to the management is simple. You have a lot of hard working, dedicated people supporting your company. Treat them with respect, understand they have an existence outside of that time clock. Better train your general managers so they can help their/your employees reach their max potential. This could be a wonderful place to work if the upper management had more respect for its employees and a basic understanding on how to treat people. I honestly can say if I wouldn't have been terminated, I would have quit on my own due to the nasty attitude of those in charge. Remember, you would not be where you are if it wasn't for those people you treat like dirt.

There are newer employer reviews for Builders FirstSource