Building Educated Leaders for Life

www.experiencebell.org
There are newer employer reviews for Building Educated Leaders for Life

Dedicated, disorganized

I worked at Building Educated Leaders for Life

Pros

Want to work with kids with problematic histories and try to create a positive environment? Here you are!

Cons

Disorganized; Lots of movement among administration creating confusion

19 Other Employee Reviews for Building Educated Leaders for Life (View Most Recent)

Yet another nonprofit with no real impact

I have been working at Building Educated Leaders for Life full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a few, dedicated, smart people - not many though. Dedicated program managers who make it happen for children - at least giving children an opportunity to gain confidence (but no real change in school performance)

Cons

CEO is out of touch - lacking realness, depth. Does not visit regions, staff. The company has high turnover, it allows mediocrity. The curriculum is outdated, not Common Core aligned. The senior management is only focused on bottom-line, not children. The mission does not exist - it is a fraud. Overcompensated senior management that rely on consultants to do their job. Overlooking and under-compensating those who actually make the mission happen - program staff.

The board needs to replace the CEO and other senior management members

Student Tutor

Former Employee - Student Tutor in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Student Tutor in Bronx, NY

I worked at Building Educated Leaders for Life part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with the children and the staff of BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life) are exceptional. They are all very friendly and tremendously helpful. I only have positive words for BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life).

Cons

None that I know. Everyone I have met in three years of working with BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life) have been great faculties.

Keep up the good work. You are very communicative with faculties and helpful in every way. I appreciate this.

There are newer employer reviews for Building Educated Leaders for Life