There are newer employer reviews for Buildium

A dedicated team of people who care about doing things right

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Buildium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has the best of both worlds: the feel of a small company but also the talent, commitment to professional development, and benefits of a large company. Politics are pretty much absent - there is a great culture of people who have serious integrity committed to doing their best to make the company better and helping each other out. Management is smart about making adjustments as need be to keep things productive and healthy. We're encouraged to have a good work/life balance, and people take that seriously. We're given true ownership of our roles and support as needed, but are never micromanaged. People who work on the product have the flexibility to work remotely, and many do.

Cons

The software is not evolving as quickly as we would like, but we've made adjustments to our team structures and staffing that should smooth that out over time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Probably going to be the best people I ever work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Buildium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our co-founders have created a family-like place where people care about each other, throughout the company. I feel like the team celebrates my achievements, supports me when I have a heavy load, and always makes me smile. We do a lot together - ping pong and foos tourneys, service events, Friday lunches (on the company) and monthly events. And it seems like everyone busts their butts to make this a better company. I couldn't have landed with a better group of people. I love that management trust they've hired good people and lets everyone do their job. PS: The benefits rock, too. We've got take what you need PTO, the flexibility to work from home, a ski house and oodles of cake and balloons. I didn't think having a second monitor would matter to me, but I'm totally sold (we all get them).

Cons

We're tight on space right now, but our upcoming move to new digs will resolve that.

2. Great company that cares about its people

I have been working at Buildium full-time

Pros

I've never worked at a company that works so hard to maintain, and improve, a great company culture. Always asking for feedback, Buildium works hard to make things exciting for its employees, from boat cruises to birthday celebrations. In terms of work, you're able to own and execute your ideas while learning from a group of interesting, intelligent folks.

Cons

The company has existed for quite some time, which means that there are many legacy processes. As the company grows, these may need to change. I sometimes feel like our team is not as efficient as it could be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.